Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Cup videos from the 80's 12 years 3 months ago #6124

Thanks LARS!
You and all the MODS here are the BEST!:cheer:
I really appreciate all that you guys do for us!
I just wish we all could dig out the OLE' BEATERS from the past and have a killer weekend of vintage Tamiya races!

I still have a trick old USA made THORP ball-diff from my SRB RACE PREP/ RANCH PIT STOP Rough Rider.
I still have one of my original 'B1' series GOLD pan chassis' RC10's.
It still has the old USA made foam rear tires from when we used to race r/c cars inside my local shopping mall in like 1984? My last Edinger/REEDY motor is junk.
A mad-scientist friend tried to rewind it....yeh that was a dumb idea.
We used to[cheat] rewind the stock can motors and micro mirror polish the steel shafts. Then run Marvel Mystery oil on the bearings before every race.

Do you guys remember the old YELLOW label Sanyo SC nicads? Then the SCR red labels?
The RC10 guys like JAMMIN' JAY HALSEY started the cheater set-up of using 7-cells in like 1983-84.:unsure: :dry: :whistle:
They would race the cars then throw tarps over them so no one could see what was up! lol
Then Kyosho or AYK complained to ROAR or IFMAR cause in their cars you could'nt just slide in a hump 7-cell pack.
Then everyone had the 7-cell stuck onto the end of the packs. Remember that? :blink:

oh boy walking down memory lane is rough......I'm starting to feel OLD...I need a nap!:lol: :silly: :lol: :silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by robracer.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.