Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4183

Hello,

I'm in need of a set of rear body mounts and front tires for a Tamiya Astute. Anyone know the whereabouts of these parts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4184

I also need a set of front blue turnbuckle links. The ones that came on the car are red.

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4227

I found a source for the blue "adjusters" but I'm still looking for the rear mounts.

Last edit: by unclemikey1978.

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4228

I had a look around and these 7x6mm hexagonal (body) mounts don't have a parts number of their own.
But they're in the (rod - mount - metal parts) bag of other models also - since the original Astute parts are hard to find.
Been trying to find a parts bag with two mounts... as well as an okay price and not too many unneccesary parts.
Not that succesful so far... :S

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4236

Wow thank you so much for your help. I'm willing to purchase a few extra parts though as I have two more Tamiya restorations after the Astute, a Ranger XLT and an LP500S, which may need these parts.

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4237

DMI. ;) I have found a few cars with this part but they are not extremely useful.
The Brat 2007 only has one in the rod bag altough the bag itself is the cheapest one I could find so far.
In the metal parts bag H of the F350 (rere) there are also two but that seems to be an expensive item.

I'm in the process of downloading some of the more recent manuals from Tamiya USA.
Newer parts could increase the chance of availability and price I think.
But I'll have to dig a little deeper before I will be able to suggest a reasonable alternative.
I'll keep an eye on the topic and get back to it... :)

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4238

I've spent a few hours this morning looking through manuals. It seems that the Vanquish press parts bag has two and I found one for $20. That's not too bad and I could sell the rest of the bag or find a project Vanquish and use them. :) Let me know what you find out and thanks again!

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4241

That sounds like a reasonable choice. The two of these would come to about the same :

I'll have another shot at it later...

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4249

If you send Gary a mail at sales@lighwatermodels.com he might give you a discount.
Combing parts from his store can be advantageous too...
Great seller btw - with unequalled service.

Looks like the best choice. Haven't found another alternative really. ;)

Re: WTB: Tamiya Astute rear body mounts/front tires 12 years 5 months ago #4251

Yeah that guy is great. I ordered a ton of stuff from him for my Saint Dragon restoration. I think I'm gonna go for the press parts. That way I can try and recoup some of the cash. Thanks again for all your help!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.