Keyword

TOPIC:

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21521

Hello,

It's been a while since i ended my last resto... (Rough Rider) and the resto projects kept accumulating without any progress..
I must admit that i did not had the time lately...

Well now it's time to continue or start new projects. Long time ago i bought a SuperShot (i'd describe it as abused :( ) and decided to give him a second birth. As i'm having lot's of spareparts laying around it shold be easy to rebuild it. The main target is to keep this resto project as cheap as possible and keep in mind that this one won't be a shelf queen.
The idea is to run it for a while (depending on how good it comes up) or maybe just put it next to the already restored SuperShot and Hotshot i have.

First of all a few pictures

Broken Side panels on the lexan body

The whole body including the wing are painted from the outside

I started removing the decals and discarted them as they were all scratched...so no way to save any.
Anyway, for the prject i have in mind i won't need any decals :P

First of all remove the old paint (Thanks DOT4)

Fortunately the previous owner kept the broken body parts...So the next step was to put them together again

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Manotas.

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21523

So far the body is ready to recieve the carbon decals...
I went to our bodyshop and got me a few sheets of that carbon look self adhesive paper mainly used for tunning purposes on cars.
The most time consuming part is to cut off those sheets with the right shape and (try) to appy them on the first attempt as the selfadhesive is quit strong and holds very good.

I started with the easiest parts, both side panels, and honestly i think it looks pretty good :woohoo: :woohoo:

Left panel

Right panel

More progress soon !
Thanks

Last edit: by Manotas.

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21526

I like where this is going! A Carbon Shot?

What did you use to put together the Polycarbonate pieces?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21545

Nice nice :) so will you be upgrading the wheels to say some egress style spike/bling wheels ? or a clean up for the oem ones ?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21751

I like where this is going! A Carbon Shot?

What did you use to put together the Polycarbonate pieces?

Hi Lars,
Sorry for the late reply.
In fact yes, it's more like a Carbon shot :P
I used my well known 2 components polyurethane repair kit.

I must say it worked pretty well. The only dissadvantage is that after appliying it, you have to paint the body from the outside.
Like i said at the beginning, i wanted this project as "original" as possible and keep the resto prices as low as possible.
Attachments:

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21752

Nice nice :) so will you be upgrading the wheels to say some egress style spike/bling wheels ? or a clean up for the oem ones ?

Hi Andy,
Thanks a good question ! I had in mind to use the Avante Lightweight wheels and paint them in mat black...but the ones i saw in E-bay went for much more than i wanted to pay....
But i still have some Big Wig and normal Avante wheels laying somewhere i could use. Honestly i still don't know which ones i'm going to use. The best thing is to rebuild the whole car and have a look with the wheels on it. Any suggestions are welcome ;) ;)

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21753

A little progress on the body....

The front part

It don't looks that bad, but i still need to improve my technique !

In the mean time, i've been reading lot's about how to apply the carbon sheets on flexible surfaces.
I also spoke to the persone that applies it on cars and he gave me some hints such as using an UV lamp.
Right after that i went to buy such a lamp and tried it out.
Here's the UV lamp

And more progress on the body

The result is far better with the UV than before !
The next step will be the rear wing....

Thanks for looking
Manotas

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21757

Thanks for looking
Manotas

Thanks for sharing :) It's coming along nice, will you be adding new/original decals to it?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21758

Wow great work there Manotas! This is a one and only body made :) looking very cool! :y:

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Super Shot (58054) Resto/Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21760

Thanks for sharing :) It's coming along nice, will you be adding new/original decals to it?

I really don't know. I don't think that some decal will be in line with the carbon look.
If i put some, it might be just one or two....i will try it out once the project finished.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.