Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sale: Cheetah / Mondeo / TA01 / Monster Beetle 11 years 2 months ago #18780

I have a few cars I want to put up for sale:

Tamiya Lamborghini Cheetah

edit - I'm currently working on this, hoping to sell it in full RTR spec - basically as below but with 6v Ni-Cd battery, period 6v slow charger, Mk.1 Acoms TX, crystals, 10x AA batteries, and suspension, antenna & lights all fixed.

Period MSC, period Acoms servos, RX & 4x AA battery holder, 540 motor.
Chassis bits polished, new but non-Tamiya fasteners throughout, torsion bars etc are intact but not very good at holding the chassis up :whistle:

Good tyres, body has been thoroughly remodelled, including solid windscreens front & rear + non-opening sides/doors, paint is auto acrylic Rover "Applejack" decals are home reworked/printed. Fitted with LEDs, these have wiring on the LED end but just end in bare wire, they are not connected to anything.

Build thread/pics here , finished pics here - car will be sold as pictured/described there, except that the period 6v battery & the fake vents on the rear deck have been removed.

Asking price to be confirmed - but it will go up as I'll be spending some cah on it &including more stuff.
Postage will be extra. I will only send by fully tracked/insured courier - shipping is likely to be around 10 GBP for mainland UK, it will be considerably more for anywhere else; payment by direct transfer preferred, Paypal possible if sent as "gift" and fees covered.

Tamiya Mondeo BTCC

This is never going to be shelf queen unless you replace everything, but it's a sound runner - it's the lighter blue "signed" one in the thread here , some homemade aluminium bits (steering servo blocks, front tower repair, motor screw brace, inspection port cover).
Rebuilt with metal bearings throughout.

Mirrors are not the "correct" ones but are new & look the part IMO. Wheels & tyres are of unknown make. Front body mounts are very not stock due to having to correct poor body hole drilling by a former owner.

Steering servo & 540 silvercan motor included, no other electrics. Repro battery clamp.
Appears to have been well used (but not abused) in the past, has lots of scuffing underneath.

Looking for 50 GBP + postage (rates/payments as above).

Tamiya TA-01 chassis + Carson Audi body

Body had been used before I got it so has a little scuffing. Home-made windows & decals - used as the example in a couple of my TamiyaBase articles here & here . Front body mount holes have been very inaccurately drilled, but everything seems to line up ok so I've left them alone.

Chassis has been rebuilt with mostly new stainless fasteners and metal bearings throughout. It's evidently been heavily used in the past & has a lot of scuff evidence underneath & suspension parts are a little on the floppy side. Main tub had been badly painted, this has been stripped off & resprayed satin black. Repro battery clamp. Alloy motor mount.

Build thread here . Steering servo & new unused 540 silvercan motor will be included, other electrics will be removed before sale.

Looking for 45 GBP + postage (rates/payments as above).

Kyosho Taisan Porsche shell + Tamiya TT-01 chassis

- sold -

Custom Tamiya Monster Beetle

Genuine Monster Beetle chassis apart from rear body mounts (which are not correct but are fairly tidy & functional) and a pink Kimbrough servo saver.

Re-re Sand Scorcher body with cut down wheelarches & sills, window "rubbers" removed & rear side windows blanked off, mirror holes filled in, fake roll cage, ScreenPrintDigital repro decals, painted in Rover "Applejack" green & Ford "Signal Orange"; no "glass", wipers or driver.

Good tyres, wheels are pink Bush Devil items. Also one spare wheel & tyre, I had planned to fix this on the back somehow. I believe the bumper is a period Team CRP item.

Build thread here , will be sold with new 540 silvercan & steering servo, other electrics will be removed before sale.

Looking for 120 GBP + postage (rates/payments as above).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #18784

Your chance to own a unique Jonny Retro creation!

I use Interparcel for shipping large items for both ebay and my work. Their own brand "standard" next day service is £8.49 +VAT for up to (at least) 5kg and is actually handled by UPS. I think this includes £50 insurance. The do cheaper services too (Hermes 3-5 day for £5 +VAT), but I think for expensive items I would rather trust UPS.

Another good thing is that you specify the collection and delivery points and there is no extra charge for a remote pick up (since this is an Internet service, every pick up is "remote"), so can be used for collecting items from ebay sellers reluctant to post stuff.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19300

I've just put all 5 up on eBay :)

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19301

TT01 Porsche sold after 23 minutes :)

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19302

Sorry Jonny but I had no enough budget. I wanted all. :cry: :cry: :cry: :n:

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19355

I've just put all 5 up on eBay :)

I've seen the ads - Can I make a suggestion? You have a lot of photos hosted on the ebay site, which adds significantly to the cost of the listing.
Why not use jpegbay.com or similar? It's a free service and the photos are much higher resolution than the ebay hosted ones (even the enhanced ones). Just use one or two standard pictures for the listing and put the rest on jpegbay. With the quality of your rebuilds, they will definitely stand up to close scrutiny and maybe help you sell easier.

By the way - I'm not affiliated with jpegbay in any way - I just don't like to see people paying more to ebay than they have to.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19356

Thanks Martin, I'll give it a crack next time :)

Sale:Cheetah/Mondeo/TA01/TT01Porsche/Monster Beetl 11 years 2 months ago #19384

Isn't there something in Ebay rules about not finding ways to get extra pictures in the listing without paying for them? Would be a nuisance to get banned over something like that

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.