The Isuzu mu Type X, which originally appeared back in November 1995 is once again available as a Limited-Edition R/C assembly kit. With a 2m33cm wheelbase, the 2-seater mu was based around a tough off-road chassis that employed a ladder frame and rigid rear suspension. The actual car was also rebadged and sold in other countries with names such as the Frontera Sport, Amigo and Rodeo Sport. Tamiya’s R/C kit employs a highly realistic injection moulded body and it is mounted on the reliable and easy to maintain CC-01 chassis, making it a joy to drive both on and off-road!
The All-Terrain CC-01 Chassis:
The CC-01’s highly reliable and efficient full-time 4WD system features a longitudinally-positioned motor, which transmits power to the front wheels via the gearbox and to the rear wheels via propeller shaft. Front and rear differentials enable smooth cornering, and for even greater off-road performance on rough terrain, the rear differential may be locked during assembly. The chassis suspension employs double-wishbone front upper single links and lower H-shaped arms plus rear rigid suspension. With 4 CVA oil dampers in total fitted to the front and rear, there’s
• Comes with a highly realistic injection moulded body depicting the 3-door Isuzu mu form.
• Includes separately moulded parts for side mirrors.
• Compatible with 5mm-diameter LEDs (White) x2 for headlights.
• Matte plated wheels are paired with realistic tires featuring authentic tread pattern and white logo stickers.
• Highly reliable CC-01 chassis features a full-time 4WD system and front double wishbone, rear 4-link rigid suspension equipped with 4 CVA oil dampers.
• Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor-based brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
• Includes 540-type Motor.
4-link rigid axle