The FH series semi-tractor truck was released in the fall of 1993 and became Volvo's primary truck. In 1994, it was awarded the prestigious "Truck of the Year" title. It's huge 12-liter inter cooled turbo diesel engine was known as the "Euro 2", and was the result of state-of-the-art engineering technology for its day.
The Tamiya rendition faithfully captures the truck's form with the use of ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components. The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members. Drivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold Tamiya 4-channel transmitter which controls the shift changes to the 3-speed transmission.
• The chassis utilizes a tough ladder frame with aluminum side channels. A realistic drivetrain setup sees the front mounted motor powering the rear axle.
• 3-speed transmission can be controlled via a 4ch R/C transmitter. (Sold Separately)
• Highly realistic suspension employs metal leaf springs and friction dampers.
• Coupler is included to enable connection with any currently available Tamiya 1/14 scale trailer.
• Requires TS Tamiya Spray Paint, 4-Channel radio, ESC (Electronic Speed Control), 7.2-volt battery & charger.
This model was released again under the same model number in June 2017 at the price of 35800 yen
Rigid axle leaf spring
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.
23646 Volvo FH12 RTR (Red)
26 Oct 2007
23647 Volvo FH12 RTR (Yellow)
26 Oct 2007
Click for more...