Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11598

Too tired to roost the sand tonight. Gonna get up early and hit the beach.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11606

Holy crap what a blast. I had sand flying everywhere. Throttle management is the key with this beast. Thermaled out after 8 min of hard running. Let her cool and started jumping washed out sand castles. Had the gulls and old folks on their toes.
Only downfall I see is the nice closed radio box holds a lot of heat. Puffed one of my lipos but well worth the $9 loss. Gonna try and get the old lady up tomorrow morning to get a vid.

Re: Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11607

:evil: :cheer: :y:

Re: Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11633

I see it's reduced Edou to sign language, obviously impressed!
Yes, SRBs do have heat issues caused by the enclosed radio box, even in standard trim. Servo tape releasing & related shorts are also something to keep an eye on as a result of heat build-up. As most of the heat is usually battery-related, a trick might be to find somewhere outside the box to mount it. As a possibility, see if you can find an old busted box or a cheap aftermarket or re-re one to hack about - cut the top off the battery holding part of it, so this portion becomes an outside tray, then box-in the open end(s) with ABS sheet (Or better still, clear CD case material) to repair the radio portion's waterproof integrity. The radio box is some kind of styrene (as are CD cases) & should bond well using normal model glue (styrene cement). Failing that, use the old clean soldering iron welding trick

Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11662

Well the old lady is sun burnt and cranky so a vid shoot has been postponed.
If I had the tools with me I would mod the radio box, I have all kinds of ideas swirling about in my head. A slipper clutch being one of them.
On a side note, we went to the only LHS this place has and I found an early grasshopper re-re for $75. I will probably sneak out tomorrow while everyone's napping and pick it up. Never seen one with the MSC and ESC together. The chassis is set up for a hump pack too.

Brushless SRB? 11 years 8 months ago #11854

No beach vid. :( Burned the spur gear while waiting for the camera to show up. Found some info on putting in a slipper clutch so I ordered one and will do a conversion.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.