Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tyre decals 11 years 6 months ago #15152

I was wandering the web today to try to find out how much my original Rough Rider Sand Blaster Jr tyres are worth and see if anyone would give me silly money for them, when I came across these:

These are re-re Buggy Champ tyres with decals applied to the sidewalls (re-re tyres don't have the lettering moulded into them). A bit more research revealed that someone called carbonman had produced these decals, but I could not find them anywhere.
I am assuming these are waterslide transfers and would be relatively easy to produce, especially if one could find the font used for the lettering.
Do you think that a waterslide transfer would work on tyres? I imagine they would wear off pretty quickly if used, but would be OK for a shelfer.
This could be an ebay moneyspinner for someone (thinking about it myself :whistle: ).

On second thoughts, I guess printing white on a clear background could present some difficulties for a normal home printer :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 6 months ago #15153

On second thoughts, I guess printing white on a clear background could present some difficulties for a normal home printer :unsure:

It's hard to tell from the photos, but it's equally possible that they're black outlines printed on white waterslide paper...

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 6 months ago #15165

Well done Jonny, I was going to say you'd have to print outlines on white & cut out the individual letters, so why bother, just use a tyre pen... spose you could do stencils for the pen though, to get the letters looking right.

I wouldn't fancy the chances of normal printable waterslide material on flexible rubber tyres though.

I've tried to sell vintage Rough Rider (& Ranger) wheels & tyres in the past, & despite being in excellent, unmarked condition with a 3quid start, no-one was interested. After a lot of recent looking for wheels & tyres (For the Thunder Dragon) it seems the only time they're worth anything is when you're trying to buy them cheaply!

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15175

The Sand Blaster 915 rears are not worth much because the re-re ones are (AFAIK) identical. However, the re-re fronts don't have the lettering which means that if you want lettered tyres on your shelfer, you need original tyres which must give them some value, dontchathink?

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15183

Iwouldindeedthink! Nobody wanted mine though... Funny place Ebay though, nobody was interested in my old Thundershot either for 20quid the first time I listed it, (Complete with Beatties bag, original radio, 8.4 battery, fast & slow charger, all mint condition), yet I relisted 6 months later & it sold for 90 within 12hrs of listing.

Thing to do is find some on Ebay & add to your watch list, so you see what they make

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15247

... Funny place Ebay though...

Indeed - the ones above are up to forty quid and they're re-re's with stickers on :S

Thing to do is find some on Ebay & add to your watch list, so you see what they make

There's the thing - there aren't any...

Last edit: by Martin Bell. Reason: typos

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15266

I've said it before, but I highly suspect that some sales are more about the competitiveness/winning than actually buying something for sensible money - I've noticed quite a few like that this year

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15270

I notice that the bid went down to

Re: Tyre decals 11 years 5 months ago #15275

They're mental. There we go, discussed!
Re-res or not, that's a lot of money for a pair of Rough Rider fronts, if you ask me. Especially if you consider that set of 4x Blazer wheels/tyres didn't sell for ages at 55gbp.

Did you spot that SRB-based hingmy tonight? #130799982322

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.