TOPIC:

The best spur for 12mm drive hexes? 11 years 5 months ago #15679

• Stevepi
  • Stevepi's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
:unsure:

Hi folks

I am restoring an older model Tamiya with the 12mm drive hexes, I had a small tray with lots of these in it, but I recently ran out
:-(

Does anyone know of a small sprue where I can get 4 hex's without buying lots of other parts, I don't need for more money, I don't want to spend :-) yes I am tight! LOL. The price of Tamiya parts seems to be on the up and so with it the cost of restorations...

I remember when.... :-)

Regards

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The best spur for 12mm drive hexes? 11 years 5 months ago #15684

Do they have to be Tamiya ones?
Plenty of other makes use 12mm hexes - Traxxas for instance. Look on ebay for those.

Edit: My mistake - I think Traxxas hexes might be 14mm :blush:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: The best spur for 12mm drive hexes? 11 years 5 months ago #15687

I got a handfull of plastic ones lying around, (even a original set of TF evo hexes :P, not much different than the rest though )
as I mostly replace them with GPM or Tamiya aluminium hexes.
but maybe somebody UK based has some leftovers too, might be easier on shipment.

If you want to buy new and need at least 4 than I think the cheapest are the Tamiya - 53056 aluminium hexes (4x)

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: The best spur for 12mm drive hexes? 11 years 5 months ago #15692

I'd go with alloy hexes too. Are they regular ones or possibly longer? What car are they intended for?
I like the black alloy hexes with grub screw. Like the GPMs or the Axial narrows.
Then you won't lose any axle pins when you take of the wheels.
Just don't get the ones from Racing Punk. They are something that will show "badword" if I type it...

:whistle:

Re: The best spur for 12mm drive hexes? 11 years 5 months ago #15732

Annsmann do a "small pack" of 4x plastic 12mm hexes + 4x drive pins + 4x wheelnuts, that definately fit Tamiya models - just had some for the Thunder Dragon resto I did. They were about 3 quid, from BlacksmithProducts I think (Check Ebay, "12mm hex adaptors" & list by "Buy now" "Price + P+P cheapest first")

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.