Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16638

Hello,
I am new to tanks and radio control.I am trying to work out how to wire and install a strobe kit and the turret turning feature on a King Tiger tank.I think its 56007 part number.I have been unable to find a manual and would be very pleased if someone could help please.
I have got the tank moving,just cannot finish it.
It was a bag of bits when i got it and i used othe rmanuals to gude me.I have a DMD 01 unit and think I may have bits missing.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16642

Here's the manual

have fun restoring and a merry Xmass

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16643

Thank you ...brilliant..very Happy Christmas to you!

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16661

Hello all,
Still working on my tank and am a bit confusesd how the turrett turn mechansim is powered.

I have the servo with a rod,then a little switch on the turrett mechanism withy loads of gears on it. i see i need to solder on 2 wires to the little motor.But cannot see where i get the power from,unless i break in to the main 7.2v motor supply.
I believe this with the strobe was an option,so is not in the manual.
I think I am missing something perhaps? any help please would be great.Thank you.
Happy Christmas all.

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16663

Try and throw in some pictures with the questions,
we luve pictures you know? ;)

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16735

Hi,
sorry for the delay 2 pics attached.one shows a wire coming out of the transmitter.i hoped i could connect the switch for the motor on the turret mechaism to this.Not sure what this connector is for?Pics show all the bits.I am waiting for servo to arrive i have ordered.
But hoped it would do the job for me?.I can change the size of it
Thanks
Cheers
Attachments:

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16736

;) Welcome to the RC tank collection. If you put a finger in,... You have interest to have some money. :P
The first, you think just one but when it is finished... :woohoo: another another another...
I know that because my father is tamiya tank addict :y:

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16738

Not sure what this connector is for?

the red/black wire coming out of the receiver is to connect a external battery pack to feed the receiver. Dont think it is a good idea to connect the turret motor to that.

look here you need to attach straight to the motor accu (needs an adapter or solder a connector yourself)

here are the pics from the hopup kit.

you could replace the Mechanical Speed Controls with Electronic Speed Controls for smoother driving and turning control

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16739

Thank you very much,brilliant I will have ago at this.I will look for a speed controller as well.
Thank you again,I had been really stuck

Re: King Tiger Tank 11 years 4 months ago #16884

Hi,
still going on with this and have made up a split lead to power my turret.I am still waiting for my servo from Royal mail.

Ca I ask the best way to tighten up the tracks,I have one which is loose compared to the other.
I saw in one manual that you can take track tread parts out and in another manual it sayes to tighten up an idler shafts.I have mode 56007.cannot find this idler bit?

Hope you can clarify please?
Thanks and happy new year!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.