Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16722

Just charged the battery in my new super champ and it holds a good charge.but when I connect it to the car the car just runs does not turn on or off.any info?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16726

Sounds to me like signal interference or a mechanical speed controller that's stuck. ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: fattiretanks53

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16727

yep sounds like a MSC thats stuck, throw in some pics with the quest. makes answering easier and we are quite nosy about new finds ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16728

There are a lot of things that could be wrong ... _without_ connecting the big battery to the car, turn the transmitter on, then the car - what is the steering doing? i.e. does it move on the car when you move the right stick on the transmitter?

If nothing, do the plug-in crystals on the transmitter and in the receiver on the car match?

I would expect a car of that vintage to have a separate power supply on board for the reciever - Usually 4 AA pen cells in a block holder - is that present & correct on the car?

If you're still getting no joy, you can do a basic voltage check to see if voltage is getting to the reciever, otherwise the only way to test the reciever & transmitter is with expensive kit - or by substituting known good units.

Once you're sure the radio gear is working correctly, then you can start on the Mechanical Speed control - I would think that's just a matter of correct installation and adjustment.

:)

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16809

I did some cleaning and adjustments to the car. Its been a real learning expierance for me..my son just wants to drive it..I am hooked on it got the wheels to stop .not sure if the futaba radio works I will find out soon.but defiinetly want to bring it back. I know the front bumper is not original.this is going to be fun...
Attachments:

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16828

It looks like that damper oil hasn't been changed since 1982. The SC is one of my favorite Tamiya cars of all time. It looks like you've still got a lot of original parts there. I had a buddy with a SC and a Hornet back in the day. He only drove the Super Champ for races because the metal parts were somewhat fragile compared to the plastic on the Hornet and later Tamiya models. Take it easy with that one as replacement parts are tough to find for the SC! Sweet find!

Re: vintage super champ 11 years 4 months ago #16833

Yeah the damper has a broken line no oil in res.going to take apart and clean I was wondering where to get the oil? Turns out there is a Brend new. Vintage unopened bottle in the box.nice!here is a couple pics.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.