Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19314

• Si06
  • Si06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hi what is the best tamiya ESC to use for just a basher i have A hot shot 2 in need of a ESC was about to buy the TEU-104BK the noticed the 105BK and the 103BK whats the diference ?

will be used in conjuction with tamiya sprt tuned motor Tamiya 1400ma Racing packs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19315

Hi what is the best tamiya ESC to use for just a basher i have A hot shot 2 in need of a ESC was about to buy the TEU-104BK the noticed the 105BK and the 103BK whats the diference ?

will be used in conjuction with tamiya sprt tuned motor Tamiya 1400ma Racing packs

103 is for running twin silvercan or Sport Tuned motors in a suitable chassis (Super Clodbuster, Wild Dagger, etc), 105 AFAIK is basically a 104 with a BEC output & big price hike :blink:

If your reciever is already marked BEC, you reaaly don't need to spend the extra over a 101 or 104

:)

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19317

For a basher... Almost any cheap ESC but, the 103bk was designed for twin motor, go with the 105bk it has a >25turn limit on motor...... OR EVEN BETTER! Now a days I recommend a brushless setup for bashers. Your gonna get way more bang for your buck. Longer run times, smoother throttle response, and many other pluses. Just remember when picking up a brushless motor ????KV * Battery voltage = RPM of motor.

Tamiya RS540 Sport Tuned (23T) 20150 (dyno) rated @ 18500.
Brushless 2500KV * 7.4V = 18500RPM
Brushless 2700KV * 7.4V = 19980RPM

A fun little 380 sized Brushless can be alot of fun when geared right and about $70-80.
I hope this helps.

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19321

• Si06
  • Si06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
A hotshot 2 wont with stand the power of a brushless system flawed gearbox design you could get away with a very low powered one but for the cost of the system you wont see much of a marked improvement over a decent brushed system .

not only that i want to keep the cost down and only use tamiya motors and parts for the car

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19322

I understand that.... If you ever get a chance to try a low KV brushless system (ie $66 toro system) then set the punch control and I seriously doubt you will mash up that gearbox. Just my own experience and two cents :)

P.S. 1600KV on a 60amp Trackstar... close to an hour run time on a 4000mah lipo. Run time was my motivation.

Last edit: by shawn67mustang.

What ESC to use 11 years 2 months ago #19330

Does it have to be Tamiya? - For bashing I use that cheapy genric Chinese one that Blacksmithproducts are selling (Available even cheaper elsewhere). Just goob the open holes up with silicone (Or put it in a balloon etc) to keep the wet out.
I like them cos the power delivery is bashing-friendly aggressive, none of this nancy traction control rubbish to spoil the wheelspin, wheelies & dohnuts!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.