Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21790

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

I've got the next silly question: If the gear ratio is the same, is there any different using a huge or small pinion gear? For eg on ta01 you can setup 8:1 ratio with a 20T/66T or 21T/69T or 22T/74T.
IS the smaller pinion better for motor on an offroad track?

I think it makes no difference for the motor (that only deals with the final gear ratio) but it may have it's influence on the internal forces of the gearbox, raising questions of wear and heat dissipation. Can't say directly how yet...

Although I should know 'cause I've studied for this thing at some point.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21791

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Probably the transmission is more efficient (less friction) if you keep the diameter as close as possible to one another.

You'd need a special motor mount for the 22T/74T combo on a TA01 btw...
And I'm not sure 20T/66T will be match at all.
But that's of no influence to the theoretical discourse.

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21792

how is that working ? 22T on a 74 O_o ? how far i know its just up to 21 at the standard gear .... but anyway i would choose the 69 or 74 main gear in offroad use
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21793

a little advise :P in case you dont do it allready !

I would take this Motor and sripp him to puch out the brassbearings and replace them with ballbearings ... i did it with my 23T Type-R Stock engine and its a feelable boost now its realy a diffrence to run this one balled even the brushfire while braking is reduced (reverse to forward i mean) the battery last 7 minutes more in endurance races and mainly it dont heat up that fast ^^ since i "push" him i didnt need heatsink in car by same useage :woohoo:

By the way this >> :blink: << match the face of a friend who got same enginge in same model he just drive an E36 instead an GT-R like me lol

Before i forgot you could use standart E-Motorbearings
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21799

Edou, i've read this at buying the carbon fiber for my ta05 here: cdn.rcmart.com/...wo_003.jpg
They (3Racing) recommonds a 102T Maingear 64P for best performance.
Nearly matching gear has more grip, i think. 'Cause if a small pinion with small cirumference hits a...
Maybe it's just because the open chassis of the ta05.

NexusRC81, this is just theory, you can't use those setups 'cause of the stepwise motormount. :)

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #21810

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
NexusRC81, I'll definitely have a look at those ball bearings. :y:
GPM has (or had?) a special 17-22T motor mount but I read it doesn't work that well.

Funkindemup, I think they recommend it because it's the 0.4 module (racing) gear...
Smaller teeth are more efficient so the diameter mentioned earlier is of lesser influence here.
Got that setup on my F cars (with ceramic diff balls).

B)

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #22066

if anyone need i think about to sell my Stock Type R Engine ... because noone would challange me in 23T challemnge again :(even some 21 turner look sceptic to me (my car) its a beast (for a 23Turns Engine ^^)

i dont like GPM tuningparts much the enginemount (16-21) is a waste of money accept you have funny feelings when you lost your engine while running :laugh: the tl01 heat sink is a part for ... yes dou i know *badword* lol for my suposes GPM dosend have a part i recoment Yeahracing ^^ my Blitz supra has a lot of YR tuning inside and it runs damnwell ^^ the only i find not so good is rear damperstay the holes for the bodymounts are not deep enough so you have to cut a bit lower to make them fit perfectly by the time i would set some pic ;)

to hit the theme i never se here a mount for 17-22 from GPM ...thats why i wonder so much but when its exist im sorry for Mistake ;)

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #22068

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Hey... the design is different on these - and they're 18-22t btw (I was mistaken) :

www.asiatees.co...01&id=3436

Even though bits may sometimes be missing from the bag and assembly can be a weird puzzle, I kinda like GPM myself. :whistle:

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #22069

thats definately GPM :unsure: im happy with my YR mounteven after 13 packs sit like a rock (with out loctite)

dosend matter who mistakes ^^ 17 or 18 to 22 anyway ... i dont mind to buy that ;) i keep my standart and add sports gear package ;)
of course you free to lie whatever you want to ^___^ like me and YR ;)

Silly question 10 years 11 months ago #22072

The smaller pinion is a much better option for off road as a larger pinion will put a much higher load on the motor and off roading is harder on the motor already.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds