Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21871

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy a good steel drive shaft for a Blazing Star? Mine still has the stock kit one fitted.

Btw, the car has developed an annoying rattle at full throttle forwards. Doesnt happen when I disconnect the driveshaft (ie the problem is not at the rear end), but its hard to tell wher it is coming from. It has a sport tuned motor, steel pinion, and aluminium motor mount.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21877

Are you just looking for the drive shafts or would you like to fit some universals?
Jason's store might get the first option in stock again - at half the price for which they are on eBay now...

They're 9 euro at Seidel btw. You may want to get some 54048 wheel axles to better match them.
For universals there's many options, from Top Force to GMP or even modern Tamiya parts...

Last edit: by Edou.

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21895

Check the front drive shafts are not hitting the drive cups on the front wheels as they rotate especially if you have the suspension set at its high clearance I too had this problem with my blazing star from Ebay solved it with universals all round and top force carbon shock tower.

other than that its a good buggy although I have taken off the original tyres as they produce no grip at all mines ball raced front and rear ball diffs and carbon chassis and top deck was gonna go for the alloy shocks but for a basher cant really justify the cost.

. 10 years 11 months ago #21902

Edou, i think Paul means the main schaft between both gearboxes.

You can get the tamiya one or the alloy from gpm or 3racing.
Not sure if the tamiya shaft comes with the out drives.

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21904

Silly me, spraakverwarring. :blush:

I prefer the GPM modified one rather than the dogbone style myself.

Asiatees
Fortuna Racing

Unless it being steel (instead of aluminium) is a must of course...

Last edit: by Edou.

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21934

On closer inspection, there is a small upstand of plastic next to the main driveshaft, and because the driveshaft wobbles around so much at high speed it hits this plastic and makes the noise. Having excavated the plastic around the driveshaft area, the noise is gone.

I will get a better driveshaft though - prob the aluminium GPM modified one, as suggested by Edou.

I have a ball diff waiting to go in, but I wanted to make sure it was all still running ok after the original plastic motor mount broke prior to fitting the aluminium one and the new motor. Second ball diff and new driveshaft will have to go on the shopping list...

I just use the original tyres for running around on the road - bought some more grippy ones.

Thanks for the advice!
Attachments:

Steel driveshaft for Blazing Star? 10 years 11 months ago #21938

Oh yeah, that little stabiliser pin. I cut that off after it damaged one of my GPMs. :S
Original tyres on this one are indeed a bit weird (and gripless) for a buggy...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds