Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #64858

Does anyone know anything about Tamiya's - 42144 Volac ESC?

I read a post where someone intimated that Hobbywing’s 10bl1olac ESC was to be used as technical info for the Tamiya ESC. I've heard that Tamiya has used other manufacturers items as their own, is that what's happening here?

Anyway, very confused to say the least so any info will be very welcome.

I have a 42144 on it’s way from RCJAZZ and plan to use a 3.5T motor. Some say it won't work, but it's advertised by Tamiya as the unit that was used in the car that won the 2008 World Championship, so I find that hard to believe.

Thank you for reading.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #64859

• Rec. Motor Limit With 5 Cells(6.0V) : over 2.5 turns
  • Rec. Motor Limit With 6 Cells(7.2V) : over 3.0 turns

That's the specs I found for it, so it would appear to be ok on paper ... assuming you're using 5N or 6N NiMH, and not Lipo ... 

TBH I wondered why anyone would spend that much on a foward only ESC, but then I tried to find a genuinely no limit, forward/reverse ESC that was actually in stock ... :whistle:

:)

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #64860

Firstly, Thank you for such a swift reply, and for the advice within.

The batteries haven't been purchased yet, so the timing of your reply couldn't have come at a better time.

The last few days have been an eye opener re ESC's. To be honest, as good as that one is supposed to be, it also looks to be outdated technology compared to the rest of the items being used in my build. I'm not sure If I'll try it and see how it goes, or simply sell it unboxed once in then uk. 

Still learning so decisions to make! 

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #65034

Here's the back of the Volac BL2 esc, showing some info that may be useful.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by BeattiesBuilder70.

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #65036

Think most of us want to stay away from forward only esc's, since most of don't race.

I have one Novak only esc in my parts bin that has been there for 6 years or so, may be even longer.
Still not have found a chassis for it. I do have a F103 but it has been a backburner project for a while.

But LRP do make quality products, no wonder Tamiya chooce them as the maker.
My LRP transmitter have never failed me.

Help! Tamiya - 42144 info 3 years 1 month ago #65042

Here's the back of the Volac BL2 esc, showing some info that may be useful....

Not so much, that information is already freely available on t'internet, although not pack shots.

Nb, moved to your other thread on the same ESC - and then moved that to the "technical" section :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.