• Page:

TOPIC:

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65012

• TreMoVO
  • TreMoVO's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello all,

New to the forum and as of late, I've fallen back in love with Tamiya cars....never had the Beete before and spent all day building. Link and sync the controlled just fine...except rear wheels wont move at all. What do you reckon is the problem? I know has to be something simple i'm overlooking...I really want to get her on the road this week.

The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65013

Welcome!

Did you fit the pin behind the wheel adapter and pushed the adapter good onto the pin?

Do the driveshafts spin?
If not, the problem is in the gearbox.
Most likely the the setscrew on the motor pinion is not torqued enough or the setscrew is not hitting the flat spot on the motor, that is a must..
The following user(s) Liked this: TreMoVO

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65014

• TreMoVO
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
It spun initally...now when i turn on radio and transmitter, i hear a beeeep coming from the motor. Took apart rear wheels and removed motor from gearbox, so only thing connected is the motor and i hear that beeep as if its trying to power up, but no joy. Very frustrated.

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65015

• TreMoVO
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
i'm using a Futaba 3pv and R304sb just in case you ask.....

Last edit: by TreMoVO.

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65016

Is the battery enough charged?

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65017

Does the motor turn freely by hand? (excludes any physical blockage)

Does it spin if you connect it directly to a battery? (excludes any internal wiring fault)

Does the steering servo work? (excludes total radio problem)

Does the steering servo work, and/or the ESC work if you swap them over in the receiver? (shows whether its one channel of the RX, or the ESC that's the problem)

Which ESC is it? TEU101BK only has two motor wires, TBLE02s has three & you could have used the wrong one.

Single beep or a regular one? (indicating no signal)

Have you been through the setup procedure in the manual? Some are set up forward/brake only from the factory, and depending on the motor wiring, or the fact they have "double tap" reverse means you might not get the response you're expecting.

Battery not fully charged is a good call.

Interference? 2.4ghz can have problems if too close to your router or any devices using it - or even directly between.

Good luck finding the problem, some photos might help spot a wiring issue that you're too close to see :)

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65019

• TreMoVO
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Swapped one pack for another and nil...

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65020

• TreMoVO
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!

Does the motor turn freely by hand? (excludes any physical blockage) It doesnt

Does it spin if you connect it directly to a battery? (excludes any internal wiring fault) no

Does the steering servo work? (excludes total radio problem) yes, only to the right though

Does the steering servo work, and/or the ESC work if you swap them over in the receiver? (shows whether its one channel of the RX, or the ESC that's the problem) didnt think of that one

Which ESC is it? TEU101BK only has two motor wires, TBLE02s has three & you could have used the wrong one. its the TBLE...all colors were proper, sans the orange one

Single beep or a regular one? (indicating no signal)  may have to provide video for ya

Have you been through the setup procedure in the manual? Some are set up forward/brake only from the factory, and depending on the motor wiring, or the fact they have "double tap" reverse means you might not get the response you're expecting. ad nauseum, stop for fear of damaging ESC, motor, etc.

Interference? 2.4ghz can have problems if too close to your router or any devices using it - or even directly between. Router is far away.

Good luck finding the problem, some photos might help spot a wiring issue that you're too close to see :) I'll drop some photos soon as i can...

Thanks for the checklist....most appreciative!

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65021

If you can't turn the motor by hand it suggests some sort of physical blockage ... if it was still in the car I'd think overly long machine screws holding it in & stopping the rotor turning, if it's loose on the bench I'm thinking something ferrous (most likely a self tapping screw) has got in through one of the cooling slots & stuck to one of the magnets, then winkled itself into a position where it's jammed the rotor.

Have you got another motor you can try? Failing that, a 12v auto bulb could help - if it lights up (though not to full brightness) when you'd expect the motor to spin up you know the ESC (& by extension, everything else) is ok.

Steering issue could be down to not making sure the servo was in the neutral position before fitting the servo saver?

:)

Blitzer Beetle rear wheels 3 years 1 month ago #65039

• TreMoVO
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Here we go...
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.