Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Original Hitec Ranger "I" Transmitter 1 year 6 months ago #72746

Is there such a thing? I thought for a long time there must be, before coming to the conclusion that the "II", no matter how big and pink the letters were on the box just meant 2-channel, that was the first "Ranger" set, and what I'd dimly remembered as a Ranger "I" was in fact a (possibly the only) hobby grade Nikko set, that I now regret selling :(

Getting a Ranger II & seeing the "2S" model number on the TX confirmed my thinking. Then I got a Ranger II 3s - basically a Ranger II 2S with a few extras, and an extra knob for the 3rd channel.

So I'm back to thinking there must be a "Ranger I2 (or plain "Ranger") - but I can't find any evidence of it 

This is what I have in the way of notes, I may take & post some photos later :)

Hitec

Hitec Challenger 250 (2 channel, somewhat Acoms III sort of vibe, but an asymmetric handle)

Hitec Ranger ???

Hitec Ranger II (kind of looks like a dark chrome Acoms Mk.III or Technidrive (mk.IV). Box is black, with massive pink “II” graphics.  
“2S” TX is 2-channel, 2 stick with a 60/40 IC throttle level, servo reversing switches on the underside and a 3-LED battery meter. Typically 27mhz AM.
“3S” TX is 3-channel, as the 2S but gains a ratcheted knob on the top left of the case for the 3rd channel, small Throttle Quick Trim, CH1 & CH2 ATV potentiometers on the front panel, and an analogue battery power gauge. Typically 40mhz FM.

Hitec Ranger III Sky (as Ranger II 3S but loses the “quick throttle trim” pot, gets a downgrade to the 3-LED battery display, and the chrome becomes the traditional colour) 

Hitec Ranger II Z (very plastic looking, quite like Futaba 2DR ) 

Hitec Ranger II N  (most recent, looks something like halfway between a Ranger II Z and a Futaba 2.4ghx T2HR?)  

(Multichannel models: Hitec Focus 4, Hitec Focus 6 & Hitec Laser 4, Hitec Flash 5, Hitec Optic 6, Hitec Eclipse 7).    

Aristo-Craft  
Aristo-Craft Aristrol MOPA (1950s, doesn’t have sticks)
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 250
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 455
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 550
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 620
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 720
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 2000 (2 channel)
Aristo-Craft Hitec Challenger 4000
Aristo-Craft NaRee Valiant 8

edit 7oct22 - Aristo-craft is a US model brand, principally known for trains. The "Hitec" part of the Aristo-craft Hitec logo is definitely in the same script as other Hitec radio gear, so     I have to assume it's a simple badge engineering thing. Compare & contrast the Hitec Challenger 250 & the Aristo-craft Challenger 250.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Original Hitec Ranger "I" Transmitter 1 year 6 months ago #72747

Clarified   the Aristo-Craft / Hitec thing, added (found) pics of Challenger 250 models.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Original Hitec Ranger "I" Transmitter 1 year 6 months ago #72749

I have several hitec radios. The challenger 250 and the 650 badged aristocraft. Ranger 2 have the 3rd channel. And some flash 4 for trucks and hilift.
tbh the challenger 250 is an entry level wich is not so good for me I had lot of problems with the one I had on my first coors.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.