Keyword

TOPIC:

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2817

i want to trade my super stock rz for a super stock bz or sell it for aus$40
the rz is perfect for a road car and has only had 2-3 runs
it is an awesome engine but hasn't got enough torque for me, the max speed is fine.
I want to be able to do wheelies or get up hills really easily. My old rusty engine has more torque than the rz and could do burn outs really easily but this one doesn,t.

i will trade one of these:

for preferably one of these:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zephyrin.

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2820

Are you sure you want to trade it? I don't think there's that much difference between them.
Even suspecting the anchor is the same and only the strength of the magnet varies...

Maybe Louisbaby has the answer to that - he sometimes experiments with different motors.

But it's probably as fast as it can get - in a "sane" way - for your Wild One. :S

Last edit: by Edou.

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2821

Well, I have been searching around different forums and found that the bz is high tourqe.
With my rz, the tourque is really bad, it can't even get up the hill in front of my house easily it just slows down heaps and my old engine went up the hill slowly because the wheels were spinning, the rz, everything slowed down.o
So that is why I want to get a new engine.

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2822

Yes, they are somewhat different. I always like to look at the technical data :

Super Stock BZ 23T
Length: 2.2" (55mm) can excluding shaft 0.39" (10mm) (shaft)
Diameter: 1.4" (36mm) can 0.12" (3mm) (shaft)
Usable voltage: 7.2V
R.P.M. at best efficiency: 26,500rpm (7.2V)
Torque at best efficiency: 49mN-m (7.2V)

Super Stock RZ 23T
Length: 2.2" (55mm) can excluding shaft 0.39" (10mm) (shaft)
Diameter: 1.4" (36mm) can 0.12" (3mm) (shaft)
Usable voltage: 7.2V
R.P.M. at best efficiency: 27,500rpm (7.2V)
Torque at best efficiency: 500g-cm (7.2V)

Conversion calculator

The 500g-cm from the RZ will convert to 49mN-m there.
So your motor has a bit more rpm but no difference in torque according to these specs.
I will probably be a few percent anyway, like the RZ has a small percentage more rpm.

Maybe a BZ motor housing with the stronger magnets is a possiblity.
It is rebuildable after all... :cheer:

If you want to trade the motor, it would probably be easiest if that person was living in Australia due to postage. ;)

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2845

cool, thanks for the info.
i was also thinking to buy a brushless road car and swapping the rz for the brushless in the road car and putting the rz in the road car because the brushless isn't a really powerful one like a traxxas and the rz is perfect for a road car
or iwill just sel the rz and buy a bz
B) :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :side: :whistle:

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2846

If I understand you right you don't care much for top speed on your Wild One.
You want it to be able to have torque - momentarily available power...

In that case you could better look at a motor with a high number of turns.
These will have more torque available but a lesser top speed.
With an electromotor it's always either one or the other. :huh:

A brushless set from an on road car wouldn't be that much of a change.
That won't go uphill really faster either - it is also designed for high rpm.

If you are looking for off road capacities, a high #turns motor (brushed) with a low top speed is the answer.
Or an off road brushless (17,5+ turns) would qualify.
When installing the last one, you might want to also get some Wild One spare parts! ;)

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2848

i want one to be fast but to also have heaps of torque
i have seen a wild one with an rz and in the forum it said it could do wheelies and all of the videos i have seen with rc cars and rzs they had heaps or tourque and went so fast.
so my question is: why doesn't mine have heaps of torque:( it is fast enough. mabey because i have the high speed gear, but that still should have a good amount of torque!

where could i get a really strong brushed which is fast-ish?
##edit##would ajusting the timing on an rz by modding it give it more torque and speed?
##edit2##would anyone use this brushless or this one brushless2 or this one traxxas stinger i'd like my wild in a wild one?

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2851

one to be fast but to also have heaps of torque
i have seen a wild one with an rz and in the forum it said it could do wheelies and all of the videos i have seen with rc cars and rzs they had heaps or tourque and went so fast.
so my question is: why doesn't mine have heaps of torque:( it is fast enough. mabey because i have the high speed gear, but that still should have a good amount of torque!

where could i get a really strong brushed which is fast-ish?
##edit##would ajusting the timing on an rz by modding it give it more torque and speed?
##edit2##would anyone use this brushless or this one brushless2 or this one traxxas stinger i'd like my wild in a wild one?

I don't think that I'd want to go any faster than a 19 turn brushed motor in a vintage Tamiya, avoid the cheap ones, Ansmann "clash" motors especially. Going the other way, I had a 35T motor in a Frog on the lowest gearing, spookily it wasn't that much slower than normal, but had loads more torque. 45T and 55T motors will let you pull down 1/10th scale trees (providing you can get the traction) but are sooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ......

The terms "high speed" and "low speed" in the manual refer _only_ to the stock 27 turn brushed silvercan motor - with any motor faster than that I'd definitely go for the 15T pinion, as the 18 toother may well be overgearing it, meaning the motor never really gets to point where it develops peak torque & rpm.

Adjusting the timing will have an effect - advancing it will increase the revs & power drain, retarding it, well I'm not sure why you'd want to do that ... TBH I'm nit sure what effect timing has on torque - I guess advanced timing = more, or the same torque.

Avoid the "Hobby-Wing 3674SL Brushless Motor w/ 2350 KV" - for a start it has a 5mm shaft, too big for standard 1/10 pinions; secondly it's fairly low kv (how many thousands of rpm it'll do per volt of battery power, so 2350 kv X 7.2 nominal volts = 16,920 rpm), if you look at the specs they're talking about anywhere between 3 and 6 cell lipo: anywhere between 11.1 v (26,085 rpm) and 22.2v (52,170 rpm)

The "Leopard 1/10 Scale Brushless System Combo w/ Brushless Motor/ESC/ Program Card" is a better idea - lower numbers = more speed, but it you want torque, find a brushless ending in .5 - they are generally 540 sized motors in 540 size cases, whereas motors ending in .0 are generally 380 size motors in a 540 sized case - same speed, but much less torque, can be an issue in a heavy car.

I've no direct experience of that traxxas motor, I guess it would be ok, but don't expect warp speed.

I'm not going to try and put you off your quest for maximum speed (I've been there too - adding extra cells, hand winding motors, etc, 25 yeas later I have 5.5 brushless combo in my TA03F, while is pratically uncontrollable) - but remember the adage "speed costs" - both in terms of going fast in first place, and in replacement parts to keep going :)

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2913

does anyone know where to get the 15t pinion gear for a wild one?
would this 15t pinion gear fit in a wild one?

wild one super stock rz/bz and pinions 12 years 7 months ago #2914

I don't think that I'd want to go any faster than a 19 turn brushed motor in a vintage Tamiya

the rz is a 23 turn engine :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds