Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wheels for Bigwig 12 years 6 months ago #3801

Hay
so I am building a new Bigwig and am not sure about what I can use for the wheels.
The Mooncraft wheels expensive and I actually think that the ones from the Hotshot or Boomerang look better.

Are they compatable?

I see that the width is different but I am not going to be running / racing this seriously.

Thanks

Hay Ewe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wheels for Bigwig 12 years 6 months ago #3803

Hay
so I am building a new Bigwig and am not sure about what I can use for the wheels.
The Mooncraft wheels expensive and I actually think that the ones from the Hotshot or Boomerang look better.

Are they compatable?

I see that the width is different but I am not going to be running / racing this seriously.

Thanks

Hay Ewe

The triangular hubs & the tyres are certainly the same ... I'm not sure about the offset though - I suspect the Mooncraft wheels have a negative offset - meaning Hotshot/Boomerang wheels may give the car a wider track .. give me minute or 10 & I'll dig the cars out & do a bit of wheel swappery for you :)

Wheels for Bigwig 12 years 6 months ago #3804

Well, I was wrong - because of the stickyoutness of the location cups on the inside on the Mooncraft wheels, the track (width) of a Bigpig with Hotshot wheels is actually narrower by a gnat's ...

I measured the Hotshot (with Hotshot Wheels) as 230mm front, 239mm rear, The Bigwig with the Mooncraft wheels as 234mm front, 235mm rear; and the Bigwig with Hotshot wheels as 232mm both front and rear.

I don't know if the car looks better with Hotshot wheels, but it certainly doesn't look too wrong - if Tamiya had built it that way, no-one would gone into conniptions ;)

Attachments:

Wheels for Bigwig 4 months 1 day ago #77345

I think its size is different so it will be very awkward if you assemble a wheel of one type with a car of another type.

Wheels for Bigwig 4 months 1 day ago #77349

I think its size is different so it will be very awkward if you assemble a wheel of one type with a car of another type.

What are you talking about? Both Hot Shot and Big Wig wheels are 2" and use the same tires.
And please don't drag up old threads!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.