Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Sand Rover 13 years 1 week ago #776

I have a vintage Sand Rover which I am attempting to restore (or at leeast be able to use again).
I wish to put some Brat/Rough Rider rear tyres on the front but need to find the right adapter (in order to fit the rear wheels).
Does anyone have any ideas what sort/type/name adapter I should be looking for?
Many thanks

Novice RC Enthusiast

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Vintage Sand Rover 12 years 8 months ago #1941

First, sorry for not spotting this before...

I am not sure if I understand what you want to do... Move the rear Sand Rover wheels to the front, and use Brat tires? I do not know of any adapter for this...

But how about using the Brat wheels (rims) which I believe will be a straight fit onto the Sand Rover, (both front and rear)?

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Vintage Sand Rover 12 years 3 months ago #5542

I'd say the same as Lars - get a set of Brat or Ranger wheels & tyres, & they should fit straight on the axles with no adaptors. As far as I remember, the sand rover & holiday buggy have the same rear axles & wheel drive adaptor plates as the SRBs (The adaptors are also the same pattern as the original frog/brat/grasshopper/hornet/lunchbox/pajero etc). The front stub axles are the same as grasshopper, pajero etc (Pajero wheels being the same as brat)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.