Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9558

:laugh:
HEY GUYS!!!!!
I don't know if it was a common modification but when I was a child, my dad bought a clod buster(pictures are comming soon) and he modified it with 3 cell packs they were 1200mAh. It has stock mechanical speed controller, 2 magnum or M&Y custom motors, full ball bearings and cva dampers. I remember that I made wheelings with it. I was 6 or7 years old and it is even already to run but it has a mint bullhead body which comes directly from the TAMIYA factory a direct command.

POWER IS FUN!!! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9561

You mean he added 3 cells (to give 10.8V), or 3 packs wired in parrallel (to give 7.2V, 3600mAh)?

I've done it both ways - 2 extra cells to give 9.6V on a Willy's Wheeler, and my Super Clod has a hookup for two 7.2V packs, 2x 3700mAh gives 7400mAh, or about 40 minutes on the "power" setting :)

& yes, power is fun :D

But remember, "With great power comes great responsibility", or to paraphrase it for the Cold line, "With great power comes great crushability" :D

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9568

I refind my clod buster today and I say you if it was 10v or 3600 mAh. It is so strong that I never broke any mechanical piece. Only bodies had some cruches. I was not very nice with it. Sand, water, beach and jumps were the normal use.

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9570

Did you ever take it sailing? It'll float if the water is deep enough. I've only ever done it in puddles, but there is a TamiyaClub member who took one out on a small lake :)

edit - here

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9573

Topic moved to a more appropriate Section.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9579

I used to take mine out in the river next to my mum's house. You get about 3-5 minutes before the tyres flood enough to sink it....
Reverse wheelies & "Head over heels" were my favourite tricks. Stoppies were possible too, but I never got very good at it

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9583

wooooaoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I didn't think that I cought sailing with my clod buster :woohoo:
I put a remote on and test it!!!!!!!
But I'm scared with three cell packs that it looks like the "yellow submarine" :cry:
I'll put some buoys :)

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9598

I asked my father and he puts three cell packs in parallele to have 3600 mah. With the new technologies, Only one is needed with 2 m&y engines. Maybe with2 akkus it will be diabolic. It is a lot of remends I were very young when I drived it :cry:
Surprise!!!!
I see that my old clodbuster have its remote and a hummer speed controler. Soon it will be rerunning :woohoo:
And maybe it will float on flakes

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9599

Attachments:

Re: clod buster 11 years 11 months ago #9601

If you plan to sail it, just be aware that you don't get much propulsion from the tyres & it'll tend to drift - don't do it in tidal or flowing water or if it's windy, or you'll probably lose it! You might be wise to attach some "retrieval string" until you get used to it.
Looks cool with the CVA shock kit on it!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.