Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lexan glue 11 years 5 months ago #14727

• jay d
  • jay d's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello, you out there ,I dont know, if when you are repairing shells, what glue you use, but there is a company in GB that sells one called 'polyweld' and they mention 'LEXAN',it looks like they take there glues serious,i bought some Dope from them,cellouse,that is!,and got a leafet with the order showing some of there products there are SHOP4GLUE.com,take a look

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Lexan glue 11 years 5 months ago #14729

Polyweld - unless there's another company out there using the same name, this stuff is for plastic (uPVC or ABS) domestic pipework. It is a solvent welding product (Melts the plastic together, like styrene cement on Airfix kits). It won't bond polycarbonate (Lexan). It might do a "sticky on the surface sticking together" type thing like most other glues, but there won't be a proper bond.

I'm no expert on lexan shells, I've yet to find something that actually works, other than duct-tape!

I've heard of people using superglue &/or fibreglass tape, but neither have worked for me. It doesn't weld either...
The following user(s) Liked this: jay d

Re: Lexan glue 11 years 5 months ago #14730

Personally,
If the breacked zone is relatively discret or only "cuted", I use bi compound glue like araldite rapid (the red stamped. It is enough flexible. I repaired my king cab and my outlaw with it. It is better on the king cab because it had no lexan parts missing but with a touch of paint the ultima will be in good condition.
The following user(s) Liked this: jay d

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.