Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

De-solv-it paint stripping review Graffiti Remover 7 years 1 month ago #42704

Ok, I was after something a little faster than break fluid but would not harm the bodys shells and came across mention of de-solv-it in a few threads.

Available in a small 200ml can from B&Q for £6 I purchased some and gave it a go for the first time. I thought it may help others decide to use or not use this product by doing a few body shells and some feedback on it.

This stuff really isn't pleasant to breath but in an aerosol form it really is easy and efficient to get on to the part. It really does beat brushing brake fluid on. It also comes out at a really good speed so you're not blasting the part half way across the room.

So my first use was on an original 05 Countach shell, particularly the spoiler. The original paint is definitely not the thickest or toughest I've seen, but it is spray paint however not some oil based paint.

I took a time lapse video over about 20-25 minutes and you can see the stripping in progress. it got 95% of the paint of and probably needed the remainder underneath corners doing again to get those bits out.

I will post more on the main shell when I get around to it, hopefully soon!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

De-solv-it paint stripping review Graffiti Remover 7 years 1 month ago #42716

Thanks Rob - I'd been wondering what that stuff was like, after the orignal gel version became unavailable.

If you feel like taking some photos next time & writing it up, I'm sure Lars would like it as a front page article :y: :B

De-solv-it paint stripping review Graffiti Remover 7 years 1 month ago #42717

I would clear the front page in a heartbeat! :)

If you feel like taking some photos next time & writing it up, I'm sure Lars would like it as a front page article :y: :B

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

De-solv-it paint stripping review Graffiti Remover 7 years 1 month ago #42727

And I only went and stripped the whole shell without pictures Doh!.

Well, I do have another I need to do, watch this space...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.