Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 11 months ago #9781

thanks guys I ill test this week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9793

the anti graffiti stuff did nothing except smelling funny.

Does any of you guys has experience with DOWANOL (or Methoxypropanol, 1-Methoxy-2-propanol) have seen some interesting results in scaler forums but only when used on tamiya ABS bodies.
Apparently the fumes are sufficient enough (put the body in a closed box with some of the liquid) to desolve the paint so you can scratch it of.

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9798

I took my 2 clod, 2 lunchbox and my midnight bodies at my parents and I test to retore them this week. I began by a lunchbox wich is in primer but I will to remove it and smooth the body. Some hard work

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9800

Here's an example of one of the worst paint jobs ever. Cleaned with a combination of brake fluid and caustic soda :

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9801

Here's an example of one of the worst paint jobs ever. Cleaned with a combination of brake fluid and caustic soda :

You mean one at a time, or both together? :blink:

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9804

I used the two alternately - there were about eight layers with different response to either fluid.
So in the end I finally got it all off, after a bit of sanding as a last treatment.

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9817

:blink:
Funny the different colors...
I had some cars when I were young they was hotwheels automagic They changed color with hot or cold water.
It is really a good job. :whistle:

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9908

;) Hi guys,
I'm on my restorations since tuesday I didn't imagine that it was so hard :dry:
I make 2 bodies a lunch and a midnight. I tested to restore the lunchbox some years ago and I destroyed it :cry: big big job. the midnight is easier to have a famous mouth.
I don't know how paint them. If you have some idea to have 2 goods funny cars... :silly:
For my clod busters, The first one will wait and for the tiger striped one, I have just refresh it and put some black details and touches.
PS I am looking for 2 lamps bars for clod buster if you have... Icould be interested.
:P

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9910

I think the tiger print looks excellent. :y:
Are those basically decals? The first pic even looks like a nice airbrush job.

Re: how to restore a body? 11 years 10 months ago #9911

This body is 20 years old and it is my father who make it. He didn't want to put a lot of decals and I removed 3 ones cause I think it is not very nice.
SURPRISE!!!!!!! It is not an airbrush work. It is a tamiya bomb work. We had no airbrush when he maked it. It was too expensive.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.