Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My scores (check last entry for news) 10 years 3 weeks ago #28201

Recently the cat dragged home this two derelicts.

Right one was a original top force, in non working condition, a part of the steering linkage looking to be top force exclusive was broken, besides some Manatee tried to turn it from ESC to MSC and hotglued a servo and bolted down the Kyosho MSC of a Mid Custom (I already used that MSC to restore a Kyosho F40. Don't you love when this happen? You buy the most random stuff and get for freebie exactly what you need...
Because that I disassembled it and mixed the parts with a T-01 that was going to be a Lancia Delta, now the chassis is more alike a Manta Ray, but fully ballraced and with carbon parts.

at the left, there's a Rising Storm XB some Manatee (another one) gutted of motor and radio gear putting the remains on auction for 40€ Well, I had what it needed, and the price seemed right. I modded it a bit. Now it has hydraulic dampers forward, also modded rear 'friction' ones so they actually work ( also it increased ground clearance by a 90%) I changed the plastic bushings I found for a mix of bearing/brass bushing I had from assembling my Tundra High-lift. Lastly I put a Kyosho Helicopter motor I had fooling around (no, it doesn't go 'flap-flap' when I run it) But surpringly for just a budget hack-job both rum really good.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Re:Two scores TLCed 10 years 3 weeks ago #28208

Everytime I read TLC, "Tables, ladders, chairs!" comes to my mind. ;)

Good job on your restos. Any pics btw?
Runner: Sand Viper , Mad Bull , BMW Z4 Hatsune Miku , Kyosho Sandmaster EZ
Project: Hot Shot, Holiday Buggy 2010 (narrowed), Monster Beetle, Super Fighter G, MINI Cooper S 2006
Retired: The Hornet
Still NIB: King Blackfoot

Last edit: by GregM.

Two scores TLCed 10 years 3 weeks ago #28210

Or Totally Lovely Cars. :lol:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re:Two scores TLCed 10 years 3 weeks ago #28246

Lol, here the pics BTW...

The Rising storm

*feels ashamed you had to see the wire hack job*

Top force Manta ray. Looks like a manta ray frame doesn't it? the motor is a Johnson instead of a Mabuchi, has metal motor support, 75Mhz AM radio, Futaba 3003 servos in steering and in throttle, MSC is surprisingly good :blink:. Originally, (when it was a Top Force) back tires where badly slashed, but on one of those hodge podge lots one gets, there were three new tyres, so I put two on rear... Now I have a 100% rolling chassis

Two scores TLCed 10 years 3 weeks ago #28247

What did you do with the rest of the TF parts, that whats normaly between front and rear gearboxes?

Two scores TLCed 10 years 3 weeks ago #28248

Ah, the carbon frame, I got it in my parts box.

Two scores TLCed 9 years 11 months ago #28526

My last (for some time RC bite)

A box! :whistle:

Nah, just kidding...

Newspaper scraps!!!! EEEHH! *a random knife flies barely missing me* geez, sorry...

This is another thing...

This is a small imperfection, present on seller's pics, but is so small I didn't notice, oh well, given that each subpanel (30 of them) is just 0.5 V but 400 mA and that only a corner is chipped, also, there are many redundant panels, I total the power loss at under 1mA (don't care, under Spain's sun I can make a burnout even on tarmac with this)

Car really would be at least appalling back in 1992 (a 590$ set with 500$ worth of panels how good can this be?) Really it works (expected) VERY WELL (not quite expected), but my only peeve relies in the low ground clearance I didn't expected it to run on dirt, but anything short of a Basket court conveniently near of home, is too rough with a car this low and with no suspension.

Two scores TLCed 9 years 11 months ago #28529

:woohoo: Nice AK47 baionet :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Dash_Crash

Transmitter 9 years 11 months ago #28704

to fullfill further my Solar Eagle I got a Tamiya Tamtech202, the transmitter originally bundled in 1992, I know all the times I said "no more transmitters, heck have a wardrobe level full of the things, But is soo cool for it being a budget/bundled transmitter,For starters antenna is latched, to deploy it unlatch lift upwards, twist clockwise and extend, wheel has a tire/rubber sleeve, a slider if you want to deactivate / limit reverse, a nice battery level indicator, a trigger guard on throttle. Throttleguard? And a Battery compartment so tight it almost can't accept my 2600 NiMh cells (I refuse to lube them) Also on bad department, it lacks throttle trimmer (but tamtech RX have this nifty trimmer on them) so no biggy...

Okay, just found this is a Futaba rebranded, but improved/cheapened by Tamiya, it has Throttle trimmer, it's what looks like a double rate steering (really is like automatic cars had three pedals but clutch one did some random thing, like sounding the horn or putting reverse) Okay now my SRC-6000 is fully mis trimmed... Good.

Another thing, the futaba one has a battery charging port, but on the Tamiya under the "Charge" text is a magnificent metal sticker nulling the charge connector hole. Come on, do they really need to cheapen further a transmitter that is the low end of an average priced line? I would be ticked after burning 600$ in 1992...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.