Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage catalogues 9 years 4 months ago #32270

Oh my!

This just dropped in a few hours ago ..

Man, we used to read those catalogues back to front a hundred times more than anything, discussing cars, motors, suspension and dishing out very firm statements on cars we'we never even seen :silly:

"'Course a Technigold'ed Hotshot would surely beat anything, because it's you know .. gold!"

"Yeah, but the BigWig has a special cooling intake, so that's much better!!" (Little did I know)

"Grasshopper? Bah, that puny 380 wouldn't even beat a Nikko Turbo Panther!" (<- but now that I've actually have build a re-re GH I must say it's _loads_ of fun)

And so on .. we'd be arguing on until our batteries finally were charged and we could go out and bash our Frogs, Wild Ones and make fun of the kid next door with his silly Nikko

Boy, I'm feeling nostalgic now :blush: .. those catalogues we're gold in those days. No internet, just mom'n'pop shops with these esoteric highpowered madness machines from the land of ninjas

You know the feeling? B)

Cheers,

Ole

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by shot driver.

Vintage catalogues 9 years 4 months ago #32281

* I edited your post, Lars is quite keen on keeping a "U" rated site :)

I like the Tamiya catalogues too, I think I've now got one of each from 1972 to 2014, but I'm also looking for a 1971 one too, it's the earliest one in the square format AFAIK & seems to be exceptionally rare.

I also have a few RC Guide Books, but TBH I'm less interested in those, to expensive for me & a lot of stuff is duplicated from year to year ... except for the cars & those are in the catalogues (well, most of them) anyway.

You should also keep an eye out for the "Tamiya Operations" book in the same format, though a couple of recent articles on it might have driven up the price :whistle:

:)

Vintage catalogues 9 years 4 months ago #32282

I am, of course, also looking for cats that I don't own ;)

What is this "Tamiya Operations" you speak of? Hmm, google I must! Also "articles" . here on tamiyabase.com?

Much I have to learn :blush:

Last edit: by shot driver.

Vintage catalogues 9 years 4 months ago #32284

Operations book = tamiyabase.com/...uides.html ... lots of other articles there too (see "articles" tab @ top of page ;) )

:)

Vintage catalogues 9 years 4 months ago #32289

Thanks, Tamiyabase.com rules .. a small PayPal tribute is on it's way :P

But now I won't get any sleep!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.