Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 8 months ago #2136

Just ordered a bearing set from ebay and new chassis and found a small hairline crack in one of the rear gearbox cases where it has been overtightened slightly so ordered some new G parts as im a bit fussy and not replacing this would drive me crazy :S

combining purchases on ebay and ordering the parts from Japan can add up to some big savings on ebay with Tamiya parts i have noticed its just the long......................wait until they arrive :( ill fill the time with some stripping and cleaning i want to make this shine again.

Am i correct in noticing these share the same G parts as the Hotshot? just noticed on ebay.

Regards

The parts are indeed shared with several models - Supershot too and of course the reissue Hotshot.
Replacement parts are cheapest for the 58391 Hotshot of course... ;)

And concerning the wait for delivery from Japan - I have until now been surprised about the speed. :)
The shipments from Jason's usually arrive in 3-4 days! Mostly because he uses unregistered mail I think.
Btw - you can get a discount with combined shipping when you ask for a total.
Just takes a day longer to wait on the invoice and be able to pay...

Starting to sound like quite the resto project! B)
I'll certainly be following the progress...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 8 months ago #2140

Cheers Edou

Started the strip down last night. I was a bit down hearted as upon strip down i have found little hairline fractures in all four of the upper arms. Got that sinking feeling in my stomach especially when i looked at the price of them lol :( They probably wouldnt make any difference but i hate leaving cracked parts in any of my buggies so will change them out as it will bug me to death otherwise. If anyone has a set of these let me know so we can do a deal. Regardless no rebuild could be as bad as my Hotshot rebuild, i think every sigle part in that had cracks in it. I think i purchased a whole new buggy in bits lol :laugh: i will persevere with this one though until its perfect once again regardless of cost :unsure:

I wanted to make a nice job of this as its one of the Tamiya cars that was in the shop by me back in the day and i always loved the look of them.

Regards

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 8 months ago #2141

The re re hotshot gear box's are different , When you put in the gearbox joint in u have to use E clips & not the C clip on the original . As the bearing holder in the G parts is set for this . I have just done this on my hotshot runner . I did put in the C clip & spacer to take up the slack . Just something to think about , if you have them both just look at the differences , are small but still big .
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 8 months ago #2144

so effectively if i want to use re release cases to replace the old damaged ones i need to replace the c clips with 4 x 4mm e clips?

is it that straight forward?

regards

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 8 months ago #2151

Yes it is simple .
So just make sure Before you bolt the gearbox into the car that you have got it right .

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 7 months ago #2714

Just thought id do an update regarding the de-solv-it graffiti remover mentioned earlier in this post. I had no luck with it stripping this super sabre shell with polcarb paints but tried it today on my wild willy 2 hard plastic body and it worked like a dream. i was really impressed with it and had all the paint off in roughly twenty minutes. it was like washing it off. thanks to johnny retro for putting me on to this stuff its amazing on hard bodies.

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 7 months ago #2717

Is that something that typically available in the UK?
On eBay I only find different types of remover...
Thinking this would be a good export product for RC fans! :huh:

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 7 months ago #2723

screwfix stock it for around

Re: Tamiya Super Sabre 12 years 7 months ago #2725

Okay thanks, I guess it doesn't really matter which brand you use as long as the ingredients are the same. :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.