Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Rough Rider Ebay score! 13 years 6 months ago #213

Had 3 SRBs as a kid (2 scorchers & remains of a Ranger), raced them to death - I used to find it amusing the way that they exploded into a selection of aluminium parts whenever you hit anything, that's of course assuming they didn't catch fire, fall apart or tear off in the wrong direction with massive radio interference.... Didn't matter as I didn't pay over a fiver for any of them! Nice to look at, but you can't really class them as 'fit for use' (not in my opinion anyway!)
ANYWAY, I decided a couple of years ago that I needed a 'nice' one to sit on the shelf to compliment my Hilux, & I've been keeping a lazy eye out for a suitable candidate.
About 4 weeks ago, this one turned up on Ebay, albeit with a busted shell, tape & horrific paintwork. It was a poor ad & only a few bids, so I took a chance...
The car turned up in its original box, with inserts, empty spares packs, used oil, grease & sealant, full tool kit, left over spares, original radio gear, charger, 2x original batteries (1 boxed & unused) & the car itself looked like it had only ever had minor indoor use! Granted it had been crashed at some point (Bent bumper, bent rear half shaft, bent front suspension axle & aformentioned busted shell) but there's not a mark on the underside & absolutely no wear in any of the usual places!
So, I stripped, checked & rebuilt it, fixed & painted the body, printed off some decals & 'hey presto!'. Incidentally, I think it's one of the older versions as it has a black bumper & the spring stops on the front uprights are screws not lugs
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by eddrick. Reason: no pic (too big?)

Re: Tamiya Rough Rider Ebay score! 13 years 6 months ago #215

Congrats with a great ebay find !
It sure looks like one of the early ones, so please keep it safe from outdoor bashing :laugh:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds