Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3436

Well done. Fast progress. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3441

... a little "modding" with a dremmel...

Looking good - - can't get offended by the body trimming - it's a lot better than Tamiya did with the Holiday Buggy 2010 & the re-re Sand Rover :)

Surprised you stuck with the Grasshopper gearbox pivots though, & didn't use the slotted Hornet ones ?

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3442

the gearbox mounts are identical? the hornet ones had no slots??
i still think the rear shocks are identical too. beginning to wonder if it was originally a grasshopper and some one converted it to a hornet????:unsure:

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3445

the gearbox mounts are identical? the hornet ones had no slots??
i still think the rear shocks are identical too. beginning to wonder if it was originally a grasshopper and some one converted it to a hornet????:unsure:

I think you're right - the Hornet has slotted gearbox pivots, theoretically allowing the rear wheels to move up & down semi-independently, and the rear shocks should have an aluminium body, with a screw on aluminium collar on the top.

They should also have a ball fitting on the bottom, which fits into a cup that's half metal pressing, half moulded plastic ring that fits around the gearbox "arms" - which I don't see in your "after" pics :(

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3446

defo a grasshopper then, the shocks are identical and the gearbox pivots. oh well at least i have a fully rebuilt gearbox fitted now and everything is all greased up.
maybe just adding the hornet top shock mounts may make a slight difference.
my lunchbox has a slotted gearbox mount, is that what a hornet is supposed to have? maybe i can buy the slotted mounts seperately?

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3447

I didn't notice the difference from the pics before either... :S
Might have some of the chassis mounts for you somewhere. Don't think I have the matching springs though...

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3449

I didn't notice the difference from the pics before either... :S
Might have some of the chassis mounts for you somewhere. Don't think I have the matching springs though...

that would be cool if you have them :cheer:

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3450

I'll have a look and let you know... ;)

Edit - already found a couple. Pm me your adress and I'll send them to you. :silly:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3451

I'll have a look and let you know... ;)

ok maybe we could strike a deal, i'll send you some brass 12mm adaptors for front wheels as a swap?

Re: OMG 12 years 7 months ago #3453

Don't worry about it. You can have them either way - only takes a stamp. :cheer:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.