Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #383

I have aquired a 1987 kit still in box with original receipt. Seems to be complete with the exception of instructions. I'm new to this sport. I have been told that this is rare and may have more value as is rather than assembled. Does anyone have knowledge about this and how do I determine the value? Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #385

Hi Sailorman,
The Porsche 959 (58059) is indeed one sought after NIB (New In Box) model, and you're right,it is more worth unbuilt than built.
Nice examples sell on ebay.com for around USD 1200,- (condition of box and "blisters" are important and will influence price)
Take a look at this and this listing for indication of price and condition.

If you decide to keep it, bear in mind that the 59059 Porsche 959 suffers from brittle plastic in the suspension details. The plastic used in these kits has not endured the time very well, and becomes britle.
I would not recommend to build it for running, but it will be a great (altough expencive) model to put on a shelf. :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #387

WOW! Thanks Lars. My box is identified as kit 5859 is that the same as 58059? This was purchased in a sale after the original owner had died. Looks like he had just started on it - the bubbles? in the package had been cut on the end for access to the bags (still in place). I'll take some pics in the near future and post them so better details. Thanks for the info. I'll probably sell this one and find something less valuable to learn on.

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #388

Yes, the 5859 is the same as 58059. Tamiya changed way of numbering kits sometime in 87/88. More details about Tamiya numbering can be found here: www.tamiyabase....ducts.html

The price of your kit will drop somewhat when the blisters (bubbles) has been cut.

If you have decided to sell you are best off offering it as an auction on ebay.com. Make sure you list it well, using the correct key words and include as many pictures as you can. Use the two listings I linked to and "copy" them, then you should be fine.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #409

Lars, I took some pics of the 959 kit to show you but have been unable to upload to the website. Any advice?

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #410

Have a look here: www.tamiyabase....posts.html

The size of the image, as well as the max size is important.

-Lars

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #420

Does anyone know how much (ballpark) my kit would be devalued if I assembled it. I also noticed some members refering to selling on box?

Re: Porsche 959 r/c 4wd 1/12 scale Tamiya kit 58059 13 years 3 months ago #421

There is one 959 for sale on ebay now, new built for USD780,-
It has not sold for this amount.
I would guess somewhere between USD 5-700 for a new built 959 including the box.

-Lars

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds