Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #492

HI!... Well been on a vintage RC buying kick the last few weeks. :laugh: Some are in really good condition. Others need and will be restored. One or two will be runners, but most will be shelf queens.

HI!... This one might not need to much to restore it to original condition. But still going to tear it down, clean it and go through it.

HI!... Same guy I got the HOTSHOT II from had this. A buddy wanted it then backed out. I thought it was cool looking so I grabbed it (cheap). :laugh:

HI!... Got this Tamiya FALCON for dirt cheap off of EBay. I'm going to restore this one as well to original condition. I pulled the body off and got a bonus. Full Novak Receiver and ESC inside with a vintage battery. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #493

HI!... Picked this Tamiya Grasshopper II up off Ebay. In pretty good shape. I'll be restoring this one to bone stock out of the box condition.

HI!... This was my 1ST RC vehicle that started it all for me. So I bought one of the new ReRe's. It's got full sealed ball bearings. Everything else is bone stock.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #494

HI!... Got this Tamiya MADCAP off of Ebay. I'll be restoring this one to out of box condition. It will get full ball bearings though.

I got this Super Hornet off EBAY. I'll be restoring it to out of box condition.

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #495

HI!... Well I always wanted one of these when I was a kid. So I bought a new Tamiya "LUNCHBOX". It has a 540 silver can, full AVID sealed ball bearings. I just finished painting the body. Here's a few pics :

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #496

HI!... Well I had a Tamiya Grasshopper when I was 12 (1985). So I decided to get one of the re-releases. So today I picked up my brand new Grasshopper. Here's a few pics.

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #497

HI!... Always wanted one of these since they came out. Got a great deal. Here's bit about the car from the ad :

*****Began life as a standard Baja SS. This car has THE first carbon fiber chassis in the US for the 5B as sent to me as a test unit from a manufacturer in Europe. At the time I got this chassis from him, there were zero carbon chassis on the market and this one was a prototype unit. The chassis has been on this car for a very very long time. I had broken others but this one was by far the strongest one I ever received. It is very thick in the nose and extremely durable. Obviously it must be as it is still in use.
OutFrontFrames carbon is everywhere on the car. Original LiPo plate, rear chassis plate, chassis braces, tank brace, rear chassis brace (w/ 4 bolt brake brace), pin braces, shock towers, brake disc, etc. The car is much lighter than a standard 5B. Perfect for summertime in the dunes or racing at your local track.

Currently installed on the car:
RPM Front Arms
Baja SS DogBones
3s LiPo with Castle Creations BEC
Barely used snow camo body
Custom anodizing on shocks and other aluminum parts
GH Clutch bell carrier
OuterWears on pull start and filter
Redneck outer filter
OFF/Turtle Aluminum brake caliper and pads
Stainless wheel screws
Futaba S3004 throttle/brake servo
HPI SFL10MG2 streering servo w/ metal horn
DarkSoul extenders
26cc Motor
Aluminum SS Pipe
Enclosed wheel nuts
Pro-Line Bow Tie rear tires

Here's a few pics :

It comes with these extra parts :

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 3 months ago #498

I also found another Tamiya "WildOne". This one needs to be restored, but for $200 I wasn't complaining since the guy also threw in enough parts to built 2 Blackfoots. :laugh:

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 2 months ago #607

You NEED to aquire one of these to PLAY with - they're hilarious! Oh, & it's a requirement to paint it in A-Team van colours....

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 2 months ago #608

HI!... Acquire what? I think you forgot to post a pic? LOL!

Re: Just bought a bunch of new stuff... alot of stuff! 13 years 2 months ago #613

HI!... Acquire what? I think you forgot to post a pic? LOL!

I'm guessing a Lunchbox, based on the A-Team remark :laugh: :dry:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds