Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59404

It will have a bath in caustic soda to see if I can remove this black, after repaire it because of it is broken on the right side and like you said Al, a nice red.
The chassis looks very nice. Ready to be disassembled regreased and rebuilt. ( Rewired to)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59407

This little bit turned up today. Front body clip, mount for the Sand Rover and Holiday Buggy. The pop up every now and again.

Thanks,

Al

So that's what that is, got one of those but never had either of the two cars.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59408

Yep it is the mountaineer. It is now in confinment during still 1hour outside. And after that a small bath with bleech.
It took 3days to come from spain. Still faster than France to France.
I hope to be able to repair corectly the body wich is in a very good condition.

The body is from a Mountaineer from the early 90s, but that chassis belongs to a Bruiser indeed. That battery craddle and the three-piece wheels are not present in the 90's (re)release of the original 1985 chassis. You got gold there, Flo.
The crack in the body can be fixed easily with a lil friction weld, but maybe you will find the original Bruiser body instead?
Nice find indeed! :y: :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59411

Thank you very much mongoose. I had a doubt about when I dismantled it and saw the 3 pieces rims. For the instant, I don't know if it will be back a bruiser or keep the mountaineer. I have rhe extra cab of the bruiser. I will rebuild the chassis before.
I need the radio box and the steering link wich has been replaced by a home made one.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59416

The body is from a Mountaineer from the early 90s, but that chassis belongs to a Bruiser indeed. That battery craddle and the three-piece wheels are not present in the 90's (re)release of the original 1985 chassis. You got gold there, Flo.
The crack in the body can be fixed easily with a lil friction weld, but maybe you will find the original Bruiser body instead?
Nice find indeed! :y: :y:

This brings up an interesting point. What are the actual differences between the original Bruiser and the Mountaineer? I was thinking they were the same truck with a different paint scheme (which is true for the re-re's), but it sounds like that is not the case.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59417

The original bruiser has 4 pieces rims, and a bigger aq support. I think that the rear bed included the rear cab.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59421

This brings up an interesting point. What are the actual differences between the original Bruiser and the Mountaineer? I was thinking they were the same truck with a different paint scheme (which is true for the re-re's), but it sounds like that is not the case.

The Mountaineer is actually a re-release. Might be the first time ever Tamiya went ahead with such market strategy. I'm not sure, but probably here might be someone able to confirm this?

Anyway, the Mountaineer has the obvious different rear half of the body, and the rollbar (I'm talking about the original versions, the new ones are a whole different thing!). Most people think the chassis is exactly the same, but that's not true. As pointed out before, the Mountaineer comes with one-piece plastic wheels. The Bruiser are more complex. And sadly the new ones (both Mounty and Bruiser reres) comes with the 1992 wheels. Then the black radio box has a lil hole underside, and the battery compartment is different. The Bruiser is opened and has two metal "tabs" that you can reposition depending the type of battery you want to use. This was made that way because of the much larger 4000 Mah special battery pack Tamiya released back inn 1985. The Mountaineer can only fit a typical stick pack. And there must be some other differences that I forgot to point out.

Here's a couple of promotional pictures so you can see what's obvious:

You all have a good Friday! :) :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59422

The last of the 3D printed parts I needed to get my brushless super Blackfoot project rolling again. Thank god for Shapeways!!
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59457

Traxxas blue angel ls-II and nice goodies and new parts

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 11 months ago #59458

Nice! I had its gp brother. The nitro dymax by image model. Poor engine but nice chassis. Sold also by graupner with several purposes and bodies.
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.