Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64505

Well, not recieved today but a few weeks..even month ago 

Some parts for the Mustang

In these boxes there is a new Edelbrock 600 cfm carburettor, an electronic ignition that is integrated in the distributor, therefore invisible from the outside. Only yex experts will notice that the two cables of the induction sensor come out of it.
There is also a new tank, because the original one was completely corroded from the inside.
The last elements of the front suspension include all the specific screws.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64506

Vite vite vite come back on the poney. :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64511

Very nice rc buys Manotas 

I have bought very few items the last 6 months as budget has not been there.
But my real Capri got painted last summer 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64514

I have bought very few items the last 6 months as budget has not been there.
But my real Capri got painted last summer 

Thank you.

Well i have to admit that my budget- shrinked considerably with my truck project...actually shrinked is not the best word...it exploded  .

My Mustang still needs to be finished, at least the mechanical part. As i do not have a garage anymore where i can work on it on winter time, progress is slowing down.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64524

what i did at school i put the lathe chuck in and push start with the metal lathe chuck still in lol
please get out of the way for this lol
my first go at a metal lathe
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by spannerman3.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64529

I bought myself a column drill with speed 600 3: 1 reduction and adjustable power supply, a simple lathe with adjustable speed which I am going to modify and a band saw. burgess bk1

I'm always "for" getting more tools, but based on my experience I'm pretty skeptical about the value 2 of them :(

The bandsaw looks big & sturdy enough to be useful, but your "Lathe" looks very much like a homemade tyre truer - and I'm not just saying that because it's got a foam tyre on it. I don't get any sort of reduction in the head end, although you probably could get a 3-jaw chuck for the spindle, depending on the thread size. The "tailstock" appears to be a dead centre clamped in a block (which is really going to limit what you can do), fixed at 2 points into another block which in turn is fixed down with two wingnuts ... that's going to be a real faff having to align that every time you move it.  

It's possible you could make a moveable/clampable tool rest - which might be ok if all you ever want to turn is small bits of wood - but for even softer metals you'd need a toolpost that you could wind sideways (as well as in and out), and I just don't see where you'd be able to reliably fix down the thread needed for that.

I tried a  "cheap" lathe (copy of the recent "modular" "Unimat"), it was dreadful ... even after upgrading almost everything. In the end I'd spent as much as buying a used Unimat SL, which I should have done in the first place :(

I'm also skeptical about the drill press, I've tried light alloy units (even one made 50 years ago) & they bend too much to be of any use, making slotted, bigger and/or angled holes than wanted. I think the best thing about that is going to be the motor & reduction unit - and even then, only if you can stick it in a truck or tractor.

:)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64582

This turned up today.

Now to return it to its former glory and run it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Edou, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pic :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64584

Nice :y: B)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64586

Ignore my boxers on the desk. I have to get up early for work so am resigned to the spare room to get ready lol

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64588

Nice jaguar. :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.