Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 3 months ago #63950

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I was quite nervous about this one. In essence it looked like pretty much everything was there and any problems seemed obvious, especially the top part of the wing being missing.
So this is the Countach body I bought last week.

And to be fair this is the only real surprise, but it's a clean break so hopefully I can make a nice clean repair.
Here's the cracked wind screen. As I'm not holding out much hope of finding a replacement, if I can get this out without making it worse, I guess I'll see if I can patch it up in anyway or find a way of fitting some lexan or acetate to replace the main windscreen ???!?!!
Apart from that, it's pretty fair, all the rear end lights and exhausts are surprisingly there.
The driver attachment is glued in place inside the shell. Plastic lights etc look clean, not much in the way of glue spillage which is good.
The catch pin brackets we're still attached which was a result.
And finally a cheeky shot of it on the Celica chassis. Next step is to get another chassis for this Countach. Colour will be red, so that the black accents stand out on the grills and the arches and I've got a set of the 58005 wheels, the telephone dial style, which should finish this off nicely one day.
Thanks.
Al
Sorry just adding this in, these are leftovers from a Countach I built in the mid 80's, so are from the original sticker sheet. Hopefully a few of these will make it onto this body to finish if off.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Al.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 3 months ago #63951

Awesome Al.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 3 months ago #63952

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Cheers Flo, I've already started stripping this down. It's come apart pretty well and I've started stripping the paint off.
I better start a build thread quick.
This is another car I had in the early 80's.
Why did I let them all go !!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 3 months ago #63956

I kept almost all but they take to much space... And most of themes never ran... Who is crazy? 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64060

Well I'm pretty sure I have a problem with collecting Wild One and FAV hahahaha This lot arrive from AI today, Thanks for being an enabler buddy ;) I really should finish building a few Favs haha

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64061

The Leopard arrived today in all it's dirty glory I knew it would be bad but Geez The glue is terrible and everywhere but it's all salvageable First step will be to remove as many of the accessories as I can then strip the paint off I was aware it had a set of metal tracks but it came with second set also

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64062

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Well I'm pretty sure I have a problem with collecting Wild One and FAV hahahaha This lot arrive from AI today, Thanks for being an enabler buddy ;) I really should finish building a few Favs haha

Cheers Andy, glad to help. I'm happy to see it's all finally arrived.
👍😁

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64063

The Leopard arrived today in all it's dirty glory I knew it would be bad but Geez The glue is terrible and everywhere but it's all salvageable First step will be to remove as many of the accessories as I can then strip the paint off I was aware it had a set of metal tracks but it came with second set also

yeahhh ! It looks nice Andy. 

P.S. yes you have a problem with fav wo chassis. :D

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64223

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
So the postman knocked really quietly today. And I mean quiet, If I hadn't just come down the stairs I'd have missed him.
I have no idea why I put a door bell next to the door.

Any way luckily I did catch the Postman because he had this !!!

The re- issued Porsche 936 body set, it has a date of 2012 on the label.
This is one big body especially as it's 1-12 scale.
I seem to have hit a real vintage spot recently, last year I got the Celica LB turbo body set and recently the Countach.

Hopefully I can do all 3 models justice and get them to the standard they deserve.

Just one question, if Tamiya released the 936, Celica and Countach body sets, why did they stop there ???
Cheetah please.

Thanks, Al
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste, Lemsko, Rabbi_kun

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 months ago #64405

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Todays delivery, along with a bunch of screws.
I've got a lot of Cheetah chassis' and body parts. But given the times when these came out and the fact, that was about 40 years ago
I haven't got a perfect one.
This one is the first to have the rear bracket, bumper bar on. Shame about the front, but I will attempt to fix it.

Above is most of what I've gathered so far. One day I will sit down and try to see how much I can build from this. 2 would nice.

Ive got 2 nice chassis made up, one is a box that that's a complete clean and I'm building another.
I like this car.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 2.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.