Keyword

TOPIC:

Battery pack weights 6 years 11 months ago #44185

Thank you very much Jonny. Very useful info there.

Got one myself today, the 4500 mah Lipo from nVision.
I finally have it .. and it's too long and too light! :angry:

Earlier weight that I got from retailer said I think 223g with Tamiya connector, my scale shows 225g with the regular ... 'brown connector'.

Problem is, with both the 3700 mah and this 4500 mah Lipo stick packs, I cannot fit them in my cars! I can just about fit them in my Fighting Buggy, but since these packs are so light the suspension is too hard. And it can't be set any softer. So I have these two beautiful Lipos that I can't use!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44186

You may add some iron or lead weights to your car :-)
I recently bought some 20m wide iron bar and cut 44m long pieces of that.
A stack of 20x20x44mm (about the same of a sub-C cell) Weighs 142g it seems.

SuperShorty lipo's is what I use now in the plastic car :-)
Turnigy Hardcase Lipo Super Shorty Pack NC2600.2S2P.9
It weighs 130g without plugs. And is same size as half a saddle pack. Note it has holes for 5mm banana plugs, not 4mm.

Funny thing is I have 4 pairs of the same Lipo 5000mAh saddle pack you tried Tom :-)
Johnny's wiring example is good by the way.:y:
Attachments:

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44188

Great stuff, Notch. You seem to have created your weight-balance using iron. What cars are you driving?

Thanks for you tips. Your battery packs there are 2S per pack. My twin saddle packs had only one cell (1S) and were 3,6V. I just found similar Lipo packs on ebay, Turnigy nano-tech Ultimate 4600mah 2S2P, it seems perfect for the sand scorcher.

Then I'm thinking, remember those old tin soldiers? Tin (7.265 g/cm3, melts at 231.93 °C) has a density very close to iron (7.874 g/cm3, melts at 1538 °C), but a lower melting point. Lead (11.340 g/cm3, melts at 327.46 °C) is ofcourse the best, but since we cannot find lead these days I think tin will be good. I want to melt a chunk and cast it into a form that I make fitting the bottom of the sand scorcher's plastic case. I'd fasten it by double sided tape and place my battery over it.

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44195

Great stuff, Notch. You seem to have created your weight-balance using iron. What cars are you driving?

Thanks for you tips. Your battery packs there are 2S per pack. My twin saddle packs had only one cell (1S) and were 3,6V. I just found similar Lipo packs on ebay, Turnigy nano-tech Ultimate 4600mah 2S2P, it seems perfect for the sand scorcher.

Then I'm thinking, remember those old tin soldiers? Tin (7.265 g/cm3, melts at 231.93 °C) has a density very close to iron (7.874 g/cm3, melts at 1538 °C), but a lower melting point. Lead (11.340 g/cm3, melts at 327.46 °C) is ofcourse the best, but since we cannot find lead these days I think tin will be good. I want to melt a chunk and cast it into a form that I make fitting the bottom of the sand scorcher's plastic case. I'd fasten it by double sided tape and place my battery over it.

"Lead free" self adhesive wheel weights?

eBay listings for illustration, rather than a specific recommendation:

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44231

Yes, thanks. I see. But they are to light. I need something heavier. And ... I have found

.. this

It's 5lbs almost pure lead, with a few % tin in it. "1 to 30 Lead/Tin Alloy Ingot " for gun bullets, on ebay. And I've bought a little furnace to melt a piece of it. I need about 200 g.

I will be makig a simple cast for it, I have an idea.
Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

Battery pack weights 6 years 10 months ago #44234

Maybe RCBS make ingots???

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.