Keyword

TOPIC:

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 7 months ago #62103

That TTC is a thing of beauty. I don't know much about the Can Am Lola, but I am lead to believe that it incorporates a lot of firsts for Tamiya.

The Lola chassis, and the Datsun to some degree, are unique for Tamiya in my mind. The chassis was a serious attempt on making a top level, low COG pan car racer. I don't know how well it did in racing, but there are lots of unique or first off features. The adjustable alloy front hubs, the Lola's switched swiper MSC (switches to shortcut the resistance in the EMC at high speed), the massive metal diff, FRP tunable Pan chassis, aluminium screws and the Sprint motor.

The Lola body is a beauty, but it's beyond me why they decided to put these toy-like orange wheels on them. It certainly deserved something better...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 7 months ago #62110

The Lola body is a beauty, but it's beyond me why they decided to put these toy-like orange wheels on them. It certainly deserved something better...

The Lola body is gorgeous but it looks like a masking nightmare. You certainly managed some nice straight lines.

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 7 months ago #62113

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 6 months ago #62496

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 6 months ago #62501

I love the nissan.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 5 months ago #62507

Many nice cars here. I've been collecting for 19 years now. Keep them comming!

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 5 months ago #62508

I've been collecting since 2004, so I guess I'm a few years behind you Koen. :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Last edit: by larbut.

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 5 months ago #62509

Only since 2004 Lars :huh:
And Koen to?

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 5 months ago #62510

I bought my first Tamiya in 1982 together with my twin brother. The Ford Ranger. then followed each year: Williams FW07, Opel Ascona, Porsche 956 and the WIld One.
The life got in the way until I stumbled on a site called Ebay. That was in 2001. I bought a NIB 280 ZX. My dream car when I was young. the rest is history.

This is how the 280 looked 2 weeks later.

No, Lars, you are not behind. You are way in front :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Random pictures from my archive 3 years 5 months ago #62511

I begun to collect "moderns tam" early 90's. With 2 rc per years. A stand by during some years with militaria and the back when a Friend of mine went to south of France and gave me a rm01. Some years ago , I discovered tamiyabase. And the knowledges of the members. And the collection storm.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.