Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 5 months ago #4528

• erb777
  • erb777's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Well after geting my old 03 Tyrrell back and the resoration is underway and looking good so far i was surprised when i got a call from my parents asking me to get some of my stuff from there loft as there having a converstion done, what stuff ???
Well i have added a picture of what i discovered there, all as new and only run twice !!
Heres what i found all boxed up and in sealed plastic bags :

Original version Wild one run twice and in near mint condition, however there is somethong spiecial about this one ! it has the RX-540SD Technitune motor plus it has been fully fitted out with the full precision bearing kit.
I have the original box, manual, tool kit, 2 x 7.2v batterys (holding 50% charge) with 2 x chargers, original stock moter, RX-540SD moter box, bag of spare parts, Acoms ap227 mk3 in its box ! 2 sets of xtals, spare still baged motor circuit breaker.

As i have said this is all pretty much mint condition, transmitter is 100%, not a mark on it !, Wild one box is also 99% ! and all radio is still fitted.

This has to be the find of the decade ! question is yes, i am going to sell it all but what is it all worth ???

Any input would be greatfully accepetd before i list it

P.S theres some pics of it on ebay :

Only on there for a hour and 12 watchers already ! Wow !
Drive it like you stole it !
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 5 months ago #4530

Best advice I can give you is to end it now (claim an error in the listing ;) ) and relist with a delayed start - 7 days running from 9.45pm on Sunday night. I think it costs something like 6p for a delayed start, and you will have to pay the listing fees again (a couple of quid?) - but you'll be repayed many, many times over when it ends - UK auctions ending late on a Sunday evening seem reach a quarter to a third higher than ending at any other time.

As to what it's worth ... difficult to say - I quite fancy a Wild One, and I'd definitely love the box the radio came in & would pay a premium for that, the motor means nothing to me, however.

Your postage charge of

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 5 months ago #4532

Great find. :cheer:
When zephyrin sees this one, he'll probably use up all the smileys... :lol:
Would love to have it in my collection too.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 5 months ago #4547

You had me thinking there - I don't ACTUALLY remember what happened to mine back in the late 80's - I remember buying it, & racing it, but not what I did with it after that.... I think I might have swapped it for an optima mid, I only really remember swapping my hotshot (Which was previously swapped for a monster beetle) for a battered Kawasaki KL250, which was then stolen from me a week later, just after I was run over....

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #4707

Sold for

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #4727

• erb777
  • erb777's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Although like most of us who own such classic pieces think it was worth a lot more i am still happy with what i got, if Tamiya had not keep re-issuing i am sure theses model would be worth a lot more, but thats life and it comes in handy for Christmas ! plus i still have my Avante to list along with a XR311 , Cheeter and another what i cant remember just now, to much drink !! lol
Drive it like you stole it !

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #4745

Great find. :cheer:
When zephyrin sees this one, he'll probably use up all the smileys... :lol:
quote]
hahaha
great find :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: .
have you got a spare shell for it?

Last edit: by zephyrin.

Re: Mint Wild One - what is it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #4763

Although like most of us who own such classic pieces think it was worth a lot more i am still happy with what i got, if Tamiya had not keep re-issuing i am sure theses model would be worth a lot more, but thats life and it comes in handy for Christmas ! plus i still have my Avante to list along with a XR311 , Cheeter and another what i cant remember just now, to much drink !! lol

Amazing - despite the evidence to the contrary, you still claim it was worth more? :silly:

I'm all for Tamiya re-releasing everything - it devalues the originals to the point where a mere prole like me can afford stuff only previously available to your elite clique of vintage Tamiya owners :whistle:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.