Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8595

look what i found, i think it's a grasshopper without any stickers and new wheels

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8596

You're right, very much a Grasshopper II. Even the blue line on the bonnet. :silly:
The one your showing has some yellow CVAs as a hop up...

Attachments:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8600

Cool! It looks like a "hopped up" GH II.
As Edo says, yellow CVA's and even cool chrome rims and low profile tyres.

Kind of unfair to use the bullet-proof GH II in an advertisement for a glue, though...

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8615

I guess this imitation is only further flattery of Tamiya's great toy designs.

I was in the supermarket the other week, and noticed a battery stand showing graphics of all the devices you could use the batteries with, and one was a drawing of a toy buggy that looked quite similar to a Hornet or something. You can only assume the 30-ish graphic designer was the perfect age to remember Tamiyas from his youth...

H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8618

post a pic if you can :)

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8619

Sorry, I didn't take one! The display is gone now. I should have thought it at the time...

No doubt it will happen again. Just like how, at Christmas time, you often see little toy buggies that are rip-offs of Tamiyas. A couple of years ago there was one being sold everywhere here in Australia for about $20, and it was even called "Grasshopper". It was a rip-off of the original Grasshopper.

It's been almost 30 years, and some Chinese companies still have so little imagination that they continue to rip-off ancient Tamiya ideas. :blink:
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Re: found this at the hardware store 12 years 3 weeks ago #8621

hmm, havn't seen the cheap buggy

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.