Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9424

Do you have any model (or models) that you have multiples of and why? I have alot of Lunch Box chassis vehicles and alot of Blackfoot chassis vehicles. The Lunch Box was my first Tamiya RC so I have a soft spot for them. I swear they follow me home like puppies. When I got my first Monster Beetle as a shelfer, I had to have a runner which broke so I bought a Blackfoot for parts but enjoyed running that too so I got another Blackfoot with a Mud Blaster parts chassis and so on and so on...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9425

Yup, got 4x Lunchbox and 1 MP.
One Blackfoot and one Monster Beetle
3 FAV wheras two are Vintage and one re-re..

My Lunchbxes are my orginale one, and others has been offred to me cheap and I like them as my first LB was one of the first rc car I had.

BF and MB I got for a great deal via a Norwegian board, both was something I has allways wanted to have..

And I got thr re-re FAV last fall when I got some money, and quickly after I was offered 2 vintage FAV for a trade I coulden't let go.

Got a bit space problem now as all my shelf space is taken, allmost no room for more shelfes and still has rigs here and there, incl on the floor..
But I won't sell to free some space :P :lol:

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9429

There have been times in the past where I've had multiples of the same model - SRBs, Frogs, Kingcabs, TL01 variants, Kyosho Mini-Z monsters, & currently I've got 2x Holiday Buggies (1 of which is being "fixed" to sell). My multiples were purely down to finding a chassis that worked well for carpark bashing (Not the SRBs), & then whenever I saw one for sale I'd have it for spares.
Nowadays, I seem to have been caught up in the "Getting what I wanted as a kid" thing (Which I guess is what's driving the Ebay prices, with several generations all doing the same thing) & I'm trying to restrict myself to only owning the particularly nice or well engineered or rare stuff whilst it's still available.
I don't like to see toys unloved & un-played-with sitting on the shelf, I'd much rather own a battered example that I can get the whole experience out of, rather than staring at the posh paint & thinking "I wonder what it goes like". Obviously, some of Tamiya's vintage models are just too fragile &/or to expensive/difficult to get parts for when they break, so they kinda just sit there.
I bought my High Lift so I could get the Hilux 3-speed experience without hurting my vintage one, but it's posh & cost me a lot of money, so I don't use it!
I'd like to find some SRB bits to properly build a modified one (Had several as a kid, far too fragile for serious playing) just to see what they could be capable of, or maybe use some of the parts to do a better job of making a scale VW-based off-roader, to finish the job that Tamiya started & bottled out of (In my mind, same with the Hilux)

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9441

About every car I've been interested in triggered the tendency to get more... usually just parts lots to build another one.
So there's a second Grasshopper (in bits) and multiple DF-01s, Group Cs and F chassis. :whistle:

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9464

I have 3 lunch box and midnight pumpkins to.
It is my darling car.
I have got 4 or 5 ff01 and a lot of ta01 ta02 chassis. for example the last lancia delta sold in france and a ff01 wich I customed with gpm alu parts withy castrol primera body. I have more than 100 rc and my mother is criing :cry: because with my father we are crazy. there is tamiya in all rooms of the house and my wife is angry :evil: . Good luck for stocking

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9548

Do you have any model (or models) that you have multiples of and why?

Great question, and wonder if any other Tamiyabasers are trying to do the same as me...

Some years ago (thanks to the early days of eBay when lots of models and kits first came up for sale) people started to talk about the "holy trilogy" - owning 3 of each of your favourite models: one to keep NIB, one to build as new-built, and one to drive.

So that's what I'm aiming for, and it's taken me a lot of years so far to get the trilogy set up for my favourite cars. But yeah, ultimately, the goal is to have 3 of each car, for my 20 or so favourite Tamiyas ;)

H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9553

• FACE
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
So I'm not the only one. Phewww, I thought I was going to have to go see a doctor for this problem I've been having.

I bought a Super Hornet and after buying a lot of parts to restore it, I cam across a GHII that I just had to have and depending on the condition of it when it arrives I just might have to restore that one too.

Also, I had a local guy here trade me a roller blackfoot with no shell for a 1/6th scale toy grade Hummer. Now I have to restore that one too. When does this stop. LOL.

Re: Multiples of the same model 11 years 11 months ago #9586

Yep, it's addictive. :silly:
+1 on the trilogy here btw... in an ideal world that is.

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.