Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9523

battery plate, hatch, door, lever or whatever they are named by Mr T.

Is this the part that goes missing the most? (besides the pins but these are easier to replace)
Whatever used car one buys, I guess 80% has the part missing that keeps the battery in place. :unsure: :huh:

My favorite, the one that goes on the DF01/TA01/TA02 and XC/CC chassis. :pinch:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9524

FF01 & TA03F have a similar widget :(

I can't say it's too much of a problem for me, now I don't buy a car if it's got that bit missing as I know it's disproportionately expensive to replace.

I'm suprised no-ones made a direct replacement for it - add some sort of retaining strap to make it an upgrade & Tamiya couldn't badword about IP ;)

Alternatively, uprights & pin post in alloy, held onto a plate of carbon fibre by screws would be a "bling factor" upgrade :)

Re: Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9537

Similar story with battery doors missing from transmitters (& TV remotes?!) - how do these people lose these things? Oh, & battery clips for TL01.
I made up some repro battery doors for AP427 type trannies, & planned my retirement, but was gobsmacked at the lack of interest (2 weeks to sell 1 for 3 quid!) & came to the conclusion that maybe it was only me that gets insensed by missing battery doors. Was gonna do some for the AP227 mk1/2, but shalln't bother now

Re: Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9540

I made up some repro battery doors for AP427 type trannies, & planned my retirement, but was gobsmacked at the lack of interest (2 weeks to sell 1 for 3 quid!) & came to the conclusion that maybe it was only me that gets insensed by missing battery doors. Was gonna do some for the AP227 mk1/2, but shalln't bother now

Been there, made that 1/10th scale welding set... I still have 3 wrapped & packed up under my bed as that (or binning them) is far less financially damaging than selling them :cry:

Re: Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9543

You're not alone. My DF-01 battery retainer frequently sneaks off when I'm not looking. Of course the battery gets so jammed in the tub with rocks and grit, I sometimes wonder if I need it. Also on the missing list from time to time is one (but not both) of the retainers from my Twin Detonator and if I'm not careful, the white battery door "pin" from my Blackfoot.

Re: Where the duh is my..... 11 years 11 months ago #9544

right, batteries which are jammed by grit, funny how that always is the case when you want to get the batterie out but not while driving your car whithout the retainer. :huh:

:) :cheer: :laugh: :woohoo:

Last edit: by waterbok.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.