Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wild One - I may buy this one.... 11 years 11 months ago #9532

On one of the Norwegian boards I'm at, there is a chap who is selling this one:

He states he don't know anything about the car, but there is missing a few parts.
He got it from a ebay listing..

How do 500Nkr (about 50 pounds) sounds to you guys??

Lars, you know the norwegian market, what do you think??

Regards
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Wild One - I may buy this one.... 11 years 11 months ago #9533

Wrong bumper, wrong wheels, no driver ... before the re-re was announced it still would have been a baragin, but now I'm not so sure.

If you bought that & re-re parts to replace the missing/damaged stuff it would probabl cost more than a whole re-re kit, but at least it would have some originality. If you want vintage parts, you'd need to get them quick before re-re parts start getting passed off as vintage, which would cost a fortune.

Overall I wouldn't say "No, don't get it", just go into the deal with your eyes open :)

Re: Wild One - I may buy this one.... 11 years 11 months ago #9536

I'd go for it for 50 quid, Ebay prices have a habit of recovering on genuinely vintage stuff once the novalty of a re-re wears off, look at the prices of vintage sand scorchers & parts now, they appear to be almost back to what they were before the re-re.
My Wild One was about 90 quid (I think) when I bought it new back in 1986(?) & that's before they were rare & collectible, & lets face it, what other "nice" RC cars are available for your 50 sheets nowadays?
Like Jonny says though, go in with your eyes open & know what you plan to do with it - it's gonna get expensive to replace the parts with originals, but if you plan to keep it, what's it worth to you? - cost verses value only really comes into it if you plan to sell it.
Question is, how much will you kick yourself if you don't do it then never find a better one for the same money? Does it outweigh any disappointment of finding one better for the same money next week?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.