Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9836

i have found this Riko charger lying at the bottom of one of my boxes and was wondering if anyone could use it before i send it to landfill? it looks like an old fast charger i have plugged it in and it lights up. if you want it email me your address :)

p.s the batteries not included
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9838

thanks a lot nut,
It looks like my old t2m rapid charger.
If it can be on 220V I can be interested.

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9842

It says 230/240 on the case so i think your out of luck :(

i dont mind sending it out of the uk but as im giving it away you would have to cover the postage pal.

This thing feels like a house brick though so it wouldnt be cheap.

If its in the uk i can send it through work very cheaply :)

Regards

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9843

No matter thanks

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9846

If it says 230/240V on the label, it will work fine on 220V.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9847

... send it to landfill? ...

Come on, where are you living where that has to go to _landfill_? The 1970's ? :blink: ;) :)

I can understand that no-one would want to buy it - heavy = high postage cost, + it's very outdated, who runs 1200mAH NiCads any more? Well apart from eddrick :whistle: ;) - and I applaud you for trying to give it away here, but the next stop shouldn;t be landfill, there must be a lot of other ways you could get rid of it in a more responsible manner - for instance:

- Freecycle - most of the hassles of eBay but without getting any more for it ;)

- local electrical waste recycling - though you'll probably have to take it yourself

- cutting the wires off & using it as a doorstop

- putting it in a loft or garage, so when someone finds it in 20 years they can put it on ebay :D

- palming if off on a local charity shop or jumble sale?

:)

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9867

If you can't find a home for it, I'd have it - got a couple of those already & they're fantastic for reviving NiCds that have been killed by peak-detect charging!
Alternatively, strip it & put the transformer on Ebay in the toy trains bit or in the electronics section - high output 12V transformers are very popular with those people.
In fact, I can think of at least 1 person on here that might be interested in a 4 amp 12 volt transformer with a dc rectifier (Should output around 16vdc at the rectifier Edou)

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9868

Thanks for the tip, eddrick. There's the forementioned weight-shipment issue though...
I'll soon have another go at it with the laptop power supply I have lying around. :y:

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9869

Thanks for the advice JR ;) :laugh: Landfill was just a joke ill recycle it at my local centre they have an electricals section. Im not old enough to remember the seventies though so ill take you on your word :laugh:

Ill take it apart and salvage what i can from it it only runs up to 1400mah batteries and i dont know anyone running anything that old.

just thought someone might like it for a door stop for nostalgia

Re: free charger 11 years 11 months ago #9885

It'll charge any capacity batteries you like, the run down timer is just a failsafe for those who forget to turn it off.... You should find that running off the mains, a 1400mAH will take 30-45 minutes to fully charge (The point at which the battery starts to get warm), longer for higher capacity, shorter for lower capacity. Running off the cigar plug in your car will give a charging time of just under 30 minutes (Because of the higher available current). I wouldn't use it on NimH batteries as treating those with anything less than duck-feather lined candy floss chargers will hurt them, in my experience, hence why I stick to NiCd

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.