Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help in identification 11 years 1 week ago #20649

Hi guys and gals,

I recently found this hiding in my attic as I had forgotten about it when my children came along. All I know is that I bought it second hand around 1997 and that the previous owner had it for a few years prior to that.
As you will be able to tell, its not exactly in the best of shape. I've replaced a few screws, put a new servo arm on the MSC reconnected the motor, put new batteries in and surprisingly, it still runs well, I'd just love to know what the heck it is or which car(s) it is made from.

What I do know: Early 90s, 4WD, twin Acoms AS7 servos, MSC, Acoms Receiver.
I've been digging around various Tamiya sites but have still not id'd it and any help would be thoroughly appreciated.

Photos at the following:
Tamiya Photos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help in identification 11 years 1 week ago #20650

Looks like an Avante 2001 to me :)

Help in identification 11 years 1 week ago #20651

Thanks for that suggestion. Having looked at the pic in the link I was sceptical due to the front shock mount, but a bit more digging shows the original shock mounts are identical to mine. The biggest giveaway for me that it could be are the wheels, which are absolutely spot on the same, so I'm thinking that my little car may at last have an identity :)

Help in identification 11 years 1 week ago #20656

Avante 2001 to me to.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.