Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22425

Anybody any idea what this is? It looks old. The seller thinks it is a Mardave but I am 99% sure it is not. He also claims it is the "first r/c car ever made", which I am pretty sure is also not true. It certainly does not look like the very first Mardave cars (solid rear axle, beam front suspension).

He sent me some more pictures. It has a gold anodised chassis, no diff, swing axle rear suspension and (very spindly) double wishbone front. The front wheels and foam tyres are Mardave, but these could have been retrofitted. The rear wheels have rubber tyres.
The engine, if fitted, would be in-line and the clutch would stick out over the gear box which reminds me of old Kyoshos, and presumably would have a starter cone on it to use an aeroplane starter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22426

No idea - and the cruddy photos don't help :whistle:

Spur gear on the back put me in mid on the chain drive on mid 1980's Kyoshos. I also (kind of) recognised the joint boots on the rear end...

The sellers dating is very suspect - to be the first IC powered RC car it would have to be pre-1965, but the spindly, injection moulded plastic suspension arms are more like 1983 & on, ditto the anodised & dyed aluminium chassis plate, servo shape points to them being Acoms AS5s at the earliest (so 1984 on?), and the RX looks to be an AR-201 (2000 on).

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22427

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22428

Hmmm, Photobucket isn't showing two of the images for some reason. You would have thought that a photo hosting website would be able to host photos :unsure:

Attachments:

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22430

Hmm interesting :ohmy: , it does seem to have some mardave looks about it :huh: . Seems that the gearbox is facing the wrong way :lol: and the chassis is not what these parts were originally attached too :dry: . My favourite part is the wood screws holding the front onto the plate :ohmy: is he serious "first rc car ever" :ohmy: :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Vintage IC buggy chassis - not a clue what it is.. 10 years 10 months ago #22431

:laugh: Captain Caveman's car! :silly:

Last edit: by stingray-63.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.