Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43571

Greetings All,
Got dragged to an auction by the better half came home with these two and have no idea what they are. Any help would be greatfully received as left cars 25 years ago and moved to flying Rc.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43573

The first one with the alloy plate as reparation is a bycmo, and the second one is a nice tamiya ta03f.

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43576

Many thanks got both with controllers for £18 as a why not take a chance buy thankfully both work and will look at restoring them

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43577

That's a very small price. The ta03 doesn't look so bad. New wheeles from kyosho maybe.
You should dismantle it to see what need to be change. A ball bearing set.
For the bycmo, no idea. You have a brocken chassis and spares will be more expensive than your buy.
Leave it in this state and play.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43578

Byco will just be left ta03 will get stripped and rebuilt checking as I go.I normally play with helis so will treat it the same.Looks well looked after and in good condition but never hurts to check it over and lube and replace where required

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43579

You need the frp reinforcing plate.

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43580

Where's the best place for spares?

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43581

You have ebay or forums ;)

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43583

I think you did pretty well there - the TA03F chassis is one of the more realistic Tamiya chassis (in the sense that it's front motored 4WD) & is quite competant - but steers about as well as walrus on a ice floe... there should be two holes on each hub/upright, moving the steering joint to the inner position will give a lot more throw. The limiting factor then is the suspension parts preventing full movement, I can't remember exactly which bits benefit from a tickle with a Dremel, but it'll be quite obvious. A while back that chassis was considered great for drifting (until it got overtaken by specially designed chassis) - locking the rear diff, soft front suspension, hard rear, hard tires & a silly motor should get you sideways very quickly ;)

As for the other one, it was a deAgostini partwork from 2004 & had a reputation for being stupidly expensive in total, of the resistor melting the chassis, and for lunching the differential gear almost immediately :whistle: The radio gear is probably the best thing about it & is a rebranded Hitec Ranger set IIRC.

ps stingray - I don't see any breakages on the Bycmo - they were that badword to start with;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Help with ID of two cars 6 years 11 months ago #43584

Sure? Look the first pict. All is in zig zag. And is the aloy plate original part? This chassis makes me think to a vintage graupner.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.