Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Awaiting my Clod! Decal identification needed. 2 years 5 months ago #69087

Alright guys, have a new in box 1987 Clodbuster arriving this next week. I got pictures of everything from the seller, but am a little confused. It is a bowtie edition with the bowtie grill and says Chevrolet on the tailgate, however when I zoom into the decal sheet, I don't see that it says Chevrolet on the body decal that goes towards the rear of the truck. Would it be kit accurate to have a bowtie kit with it not saying Chevrolet on the decals?
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Awaiting my Clod! Decal identification needed. 2 years 5 months ago #69092

I think the earliest Clods had Chevrolet on the decals as well as the bowtie & chevrolet on the bodywork, mine certainly did. Unfortunately it really needed repainting/re-decalling but the only replacement (but still vintage) decals i could find at a price I was ok with did not have Chevrolet on them :(

Back to your truck - based on that it's definitely a "bowtie" Clod, just not bowtieiest of all. 

I have no figures to back this up, but based on my observation, the Clod itself is not that rare, possibly even second only to the Sand Scorcher, and the obsession with bowties is probably misplaced too. I think the ratio of 1) bowtie + Chevrolet decals to 2) Bowtie but Chevrolet on the body only to 3) completely de-Chevvied is something like 10-80-10.

The seller is correct, and that looks to be a nice crisp NIB kit, but it's not the rarest possible version.

I hope that doesn't whizz on your chips too much.

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Awaiting my Clod! Decal identification needed. 2 years 5 months ago #69095

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I appreciate the input. There is so little info out there specifically stating what was released when. I am happy to have scored such a crisp kit w the bowtie grill and tailgate. If it is suppose to NOT have it on the decal based on this specific kit. I am still happy. I have always wanted an original clod and really look forward to a 100% original build. Looking at the box art off that kits box...appears to not say or show Chevrolet on the side unlike the other kits that do show Chevrolet in the box artwork.  If anyone else has any more info on the decals..I would love to hear!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by RickDizzle.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.