Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mystery Chassis 13 years 3 weeks ago #735

Hi all, just want to say great site and the forums have been very helpful.

I recently purchased through ebay in the states a Frog chassis which i need the parts for a restoration project. It was part of a job lot of bits which also included another vintage chassis. The seller thought it may be from a vintage brat, but on closer inspection i dont think it is. I have looked through manuals, web sites trying to see what it is, but no joy. Its actually turned out to be quite exciting as havnt got a clue what it is, and to be honest im not too bad at identifying most of them!!!

Anyways, i will upload some images tonight and see if anyone recognises it. It looks very similar to Blackfoot chasis but also monster beetle or even a brat, but it has an extra piece at the back for the gearbox. Thanks in advance.

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jason.riggs.

Re: Mystery Chassis 13 years 3 weeks ago #737

Hi Jason,
The grey pats of the chassis are indeed Frog/Brat/Lancia parts, but they have been connected to a rear end that is not Tamiya. The rear end actually looks like a Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy one, but it is not.
Also the front suspension has been modded. The dampers look like Kyosho or RC10's(?), but I think the damper tower is a aftermarket one made for the Blackfoot/Monster Beetle.

So I think you have a really complex hybrid chassis, consisting of parts from at least three different models/makes :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Mystery Chassis 13 years 3 weeks ago #738

Thank you larbut for the reply.;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.