Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK 11 years 7 months ago #12672

...Dunno who's it is, but the Scooby-doo themed one I've seen on here is fantastic too!...

There are a few about - ScreenPrintDigital / RCCarStickers.com do a set of Mystery Machine decals :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK 11 years 7 months ago #12684

Hi, i like the Thundershot but i'm not sure about the pink lunch box. :lol:

btw how does your old thundershot deal with the brushless set up? does it strip the gears over time? i've been thinking about brushless but don't really want to ruin my thundershot runner.

Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK 11 years 7 months ago #12692

We know someone else who'd be interested in big wheels on a 'shot, don't we....
What do the wheels belong to, what are their dimensions, & are you using hex adaptors to mount them?
Love the pink Lunchbox! Far more original than all the A-Team paint jobs out there! (Dunno who's it is, but the Scooby-doo themed one I've seen on here is fantastic too!)

The wheels are FTX carnage 120mm diam 60mm wide.12mm hubs. Adapters are HPI ones.

Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK 11 years 7 months ago #12693

Hi, i like the Thundershot but i'm not sure about the pink lunch box. :lol:

btw how does your old thundershot deal with the brushless set up? does it strip the gears over time? i've been thinking about brushless but don't really want to ruin my thundershot runner.

The gears have been holding up quite good, just the A5 that causes me problems

Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK 11 years 7 months ago #12700

Possibly a dumb suggestion but.... When I first got my 'shot, the A5 was busted (Surprise surprise) but had been repaired/strengthened with a thin ally plate across the front of the lower wishbone pivots, & secured with self tappers in the 2x holes just above. What about, after replacing the A5, prevent it breaking by making a similar plate-thingy, but out of something less chocolate than ally? (eg 20swg stainless, or even a couple of thicknesses of (steel) beer can might do it). Sorry I can't be more specific with dimensions etc, but I haven't got the car to measure anymore. Plan would be to take the stress off the A5, so it only has to hang all the bits in the right place & not resist the stress of the wishbones trying to "splay"

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.