Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15772

Hello, My name is John Milligan. In the 80's I worked in Japan and lived in Shizuoka City.My young son and I were invited to attend and participate in RC races at Tamiya circuit. I was useless but my son was quite good. We ended up with quite a good relationship with Tamiya,I have got numerous Tamiya RC cars from that era, mostly with the dirt from Tamiya circuit still on the tyres, never been race since, I have a Pre-production Astute given to me by the factory to put together with a loose leaf manual annotated in Japanese and I had to write a report on how it went together It has evert extra available at that time and fully ball-raced( I swapped my Leyton House sweater to the designer of the Astute for a full set of bearings!) After 25 years or so of wandering around the globe, I have decided to collate what I have and sell up. I will be putting adds on Ebay in the coming weeks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15773

Hi John, and welcome.
Your story is fascinating, and I sure wish I could have been i Japan in the hey-days of Tamiya in the 80's.
I'm sad to hear you sell up, but make sure to advertise your Tamiya related auctions here :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15774

Hey john nice to meet ya. Welcome on Bo(a)rd.
Shizuoka ... wow, must be a dream to Drive there (for my opinion)
why dont you Post a list of your in stock things here first. Im pretty Sure you would sell a lot of things without giving any cent for Auctions :lol: May you post some Picture ;)

Have a nice Weekend
Greatings Nexus
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15779

Welcome, John. What great history you and you cars have with Tamiya. B)
Feeling a bit sad (in your place) so see them go... ;)

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15795

Welcome John. I did some work in Shizuoka City back in the 90's - I wish I had known Tamiya was there at the time - I might have been able to arrange a visit.

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15800

If you clean the dirt off, make sure you trap it, let it settle, dry it out & sell it as genuine Tamiya dirt ;)

Re: Hello, 11 years 5 months ago #15866

Hi John. Come sit a spell. We would love to see some pics of the cars and hear some stories. Welcome! :cheer:

Shawn
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.