Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39128

Hello everyone. First post here. Lars saw some of my builds and asked if I would write an article for the site. I was happy to oblige and you can see what I wrote here: tamiyabase.com/...odies.html

I don't just stick to cars though, I've done buggies and trucks:

One of my favourite ways to photo them is to recreate the shots from the old Tamiya catalogues. I replicate the positioning and lighting, then process the resulting images, adjusting the colour and toning and adding dust and texture:

Hope you like!
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, stingray-63, AndyAus, up_the_irons

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39129

WOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO! Awesomee picts :y:
Your creatons are really beatifull and the mix of deco and cars looks impressive

Last edit: by stingray-63.

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39130

Welcome to the Forums, Adrian!
Those are fantastic pictures, I'm struggling to differentiate them from the catalogue scans :) :y:

Still, the pictures are impressive, but the models are even more so.

What camera/lens are you using? Looks pro?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39132

Hey buddy, Thanks for sharing your builds here :y: Your Beetle is 1 of my favorites :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39134

Hey buddy, Thanks for sharing your builds here :y: Your Beetle is 1 of my favorites :)

+1 :y:

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39135

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the Forums, Adrian!
Those are fantastic pictures, I'm struggling to differentiate them from the catalogue scans :) :y:

Still, the pictures are impressive, but the models are even more so.

What camera/lens are you using? Looks pro?

Canon 5D Mk3 with a 70-200 2.8 II IS, Canon 600EX flashes in softboxes with radio transmitter.

It's a bit excessive just for taking pics of models, but I do real cars too: 500px.com/adrianfrst
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39136

POOOOOhhhhhhhhhh The 5D is the best of the best. Several guys uses it to product movies.

I'm new and I bring words! 7 years 11 months ago #39144

Welcome on board chap :y: :) I read your article with great interest, I definitely want to try adding a rear screen heater, next time I build something suitable.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.